How Do I Clear a Glass Break Fault on a Honeywell L7000?
You can clear a glass break fault on a Honeywell L7000 by Disarming the system twice. You can use your system's Master Code or a valid user code to Disarm. The system will return to a "Ready to Arm" state if no other sensors are faulted and no other system trouble conditions exist.
A glass break sensor is a security system sensor that actively listens for the sound of breaking glass. This can be very important if any intruder breaks-in through a window or smashes a glass casing. When this sound is detected, the sensor will send an alert to the system to let it know about the situation.
Most glass break sensors are programmed with a Perimeter Response Type. This means that they will cause an immediate system alarm if they are activated while a system is Armed. When this happens, you will need to clear the alarm and reset the zone. You can do this by providing a Disarming command twice.
Complete the following steps to clear a glass break fault on a Honeywell L7000:
1. Provide a Disarm command. Go to your L7000 System. Press the Home button on the front. You should be prompted to enter a code. Provide the system's Master Code or a valid user code. This will provide a single Disarm command.
2. Perform a second Disarm. Repeat Step 1 to send a second Disarm command to the system. The second Disarm command should reset the zone and clear the alarm.
3. Confirm the alarm clear. After the second Disarm, the system should return to a "Ready to Arm" state. Please note that it will not enter this mode if there are any faulted sensors that aren't bypassed or if there is a current system trouble condition.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Glass Break Detectors
- Wireless Glass Break Detectors
- Glass Break Sensors
- Honeywell 5800 Glass Break Detectors