How Do I Connect an Android to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can connect an Android to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 using the Alarm.com Mobile App. This app can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. By accessing this mobile app, a user can arm and disarm their system, check the status of sensors and control Z-Wave devices from anywhere.
Alarm.com is the interactive service platform that is used with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. It provides a secondary access point for a user to control their alarm system. A user can access this service at any time to arm and disarm their system, check the current status of sensors, control Z-Wave home automation devices and more. By using the Alarm.com Mobile App, these actions can be performed from virtually anywhere, as long as their Android device is connected to the network. The Alarm.com Mobile App is available for free download from the Google Play Store.
To connect an Android to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2, complete the following steps:
1. Obtain cellular monitoring. In order for an alarm system to work with Alarm.com, it must be receiving active cellular service. Since the IQ Panel 2 comes with an integrated cellular communicator, no additional system add-ons will be needed. However, the user will still need to obtain a monitoring plan that includes cellular service. Both the Gold and Platinum level plans from Alarm Grid include this service. We recommend checking out our monitoring page for more information.
2. Create an Alarm.com account. Once your monitoring plan has been activated, your monitoring company will send you important information on how to get started with Alarm.com. This usually includes an email with instructions on how to set up Alarm.com login credentials. During this process, your IQ Panel 2 System will be connected with Alarm.com.
3. Download the mobile app. You will need to download the Alarm.com Mobile App to control your IQ Panel 2 System with your Android device. The app is available for free download from the Google Play Store.
4. Access your account. Open the Alarm.com Mobile App, and login to the service using your Alarm.com account information. You can then control your IQ Panel 2 system using your Android device.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems