How Do I Connect an iPhone to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can connect an iPhone to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by using the Alarm.com Mobile App. This app is available for free download from the Apple App Store. The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 System must be synced with Alarm.com for this to be possible. Active cellular service for the system will be needed.
Alarm.com is an interactive service platform that essentially serves as a secondary access point for an alarm system. By accessing the service, a user can arm and disarm their system, check the current status of sensors, control Z-wave devices and more. And with the Alarm.com Mobile App, a user can perform these actions from anywhere using their iPhone.
Complete the following steps to set up an iPhone for use with a Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
1. Obtain cellular monitoring. Alarm.com requires every monitoring system to receive active cellular monitoring. Fortunately, the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 comes with a built-in cellular communicator. In order to use this communicator, the user will need a monitoring plan that includes cellular service. For Alarm Grid, these are the Gold and Platinum level plans. Please check out our monitoring plans for more information about cellular monitoring.
2. Create an Alarm.com account. Upon activating your monitoring service, your alarm monitoring company will send you the resources necessary for getting started with Alarm.com. Typically, an email will be sent out with instructions on how to create Alarm.com login credentials. You will then set up the account and connect your IQ Panel 2 System with the service.
3. Download the mobile app. The Alarm.com Mobile App is needed for controlling an IQ Panel 2 System with an iPhone. This app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store. Download it to your iPhone.
4. Open Alarm.com. Access the Alarm.com Mobile App, and use your Alarm.com Account credentials to access the service. You will then be able to control your IQ Panel 2 System using Alarm.com and your iPhone.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems