How Do I Connect My Qolsys IQ Panel 2 to WIFI?
You can connect your Qolsys IQ Panel 2 to WIFI by accessing the system's WIFI menu. This menu is found within advanced settings. From this menu, you can choose a WIFI network to connect with. You must provide the password for the WIFI network in order for the connection to be made.
Please note that the IQ Panel 2 will still need to be connected with a cellular network in order to be used with Alarm.com. This is an interactive service that a user can access to arm and disarm their system, check the current status of sensors, control Z-Wave home automation devices and more. Only alarm systems with active cellular service can access Alarm.com. For that reason, most Qolsys IQ Panel 2 users choose to use a dual-path communication setup that features both WIFI and cellular service.
Complete the following steps to connect your Qolsys IQ Panel 2 to WIFI:
1. Access the WIFI menu. Start from the home screen of the system. Press the small grey bar at the top of the screen. Then choose Settings, followed by Advanced Settings. Then provide the Master, Installer or Dealer Code for the system (they are respectively 1234, 1111 and 2222 by default). Then choose WIFI to access the WIFI menu.
2. Connect to a network. Make sure that WIFI for the system is activated by checking the box next to "Activate WIFI" at the top of the menu. Find the WIFI network you want to connect to, and click on it. Enter in the password for the WIFI network, and press connect. The system will connect to the network.
3. Exit the menu. Press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen to exit the WIFI menu and return to the home screen. Your changes will be automatically saved.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Apartment Security Systems
- Wireless Touchscreen Alarm Panels
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems