How Do I Default a VAM Module?
You can default a VAM Module by performing one of the two factory reset methods. Doing this will remove all the paired devices and clear all the WIFI settings. Any Z-Wave device will need to be excluded from the network before it can be successfully re-paired with the Honeywell VAM.
The Honeywell VISTA Automation Module (VAM) that serves as a smart home automation controller for a Honeywell VISTA Security System. The main use of the device is to pair Z-Wave devices so that they can be operated remotely from Total Connect 2.0. The VAM must be connected with a WIFI network to communicate with the AlarmNet360 Servers and Total Connect 2.0.
There are certain situations where a user might want to perform a factory reset of their VAM. Doing this will clear all the WIFI settings. The module will then need to be reconnected with a WIFI network. Additionally, a factory reset will clear all Z-Wave devices. The devices will also be removed from Total Connect 2.0 after a successful device sync. You should clear any Z-Wave device from the network before attempting to pair it back to the VAM.
You can complete one of two methods to factory default a VAM. Both will accomplish the same goal. Here is the first method:
1. Power down the system. The VAM receives power from the VISTA System. The easiest way to cut power to the VAM is to power down the system. Disconnect the system's backup battery, and unplug its AC transformer. The system's keypad will go blank, and all lights on the VAM will shut off.
2. Hold the reset button. Press and hold the reset button on the VAM. This is the circular button on the front of the VAM, just below the LED lights.
3. Power on the system. Power the VISTA System back on by reconnecting the plug-in transformer. Keep holding the reset button. You may need to get someone to help you if the VAM is in a different location from the panel transformer.
4. Confirm the reset. Wait for the system boot-up process to complete. Then check to see if the VAM settings have been successfully reset. All WIFI settings should be reset, and all Z-Wave devices should be cleared.
And here is the second method:
1. Double-press reset button. Double-press the reset button on the front of the VAM. The LED lights (green, blue and yellow) will begin blinking.
2. Hold the reset button. Press and hold the reset button on the front of the VAM. Keep holding the button down for at least five full seconds. This will factory default the VAM.
3. Confirm the reset. Check to see if the VAM settings have been successfully reset. All WIFI settings should be reset, and all Z-Wave devices should be cleared.
There's also a process for resetting the WIFI settings for the VAM. Doing this will clear all the WIFI configurations, but it will retain all of the Z-Wave settings and devices. The VAM must be reconnected with a WIFI network after doing this. If you want to perform a WIFI reset, simply hold down the reset button for at least five full seconds, without doing a double-press first.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More