How Do I Delete a Wireless Zone from a Simon XT?
You can delete a wireless zone from a Simon XT by accessing the Sensors Menu in programming. You will then choose the zone to delete. The system will provide confirmation once the zone has been deleted. You will need the system's Installer Code to access programming and delete the zone.
There are only (40) available zone slots on an Interlogix or GE Simon XT Security System. If you run out of zone slots and you want to add a new sensor, then you will need to delete an existing zone. The process will involve accessing programming, entering the Sensors Menu, choosing the Delete Sensor option, and selecting the zone to delete. Keep in mind that you will need the Installer Code in order to enter programming.
Complete the following steps to delete a wireless zone from a Simon XT:
1. Enter programming. Start from the main screen of the Simon XT. Press the down arrow until you reach "System Programming". Then press the OK button. Enter the Installer Code, and click OK. Remember that the default Installer Code is 4321. You will then enter programming.
2. Enter the Sensors Menu. Scroll down until "Sensors" is displayed. Then press OK to enter that programming field. This will take you into the Sensors Menu.
3. Choose "Delete Sensor". Scroll down until the option "Delete Sensor" is displayed. Press the OK button to tell the Simon XT that you are deleting a zone.
4. Locate the sensor. Use the arrow keys to scroll through the programmed sensors for the system. Stop when you locate the sensor you want to delete. Make sure the proper sensor is displayed, as you will need to reprogram the sensor if you delete the wrong one by accident.
5. Delete the sensor. With the proper sensor displayed, press OK. The system will begin deleting the zone. A confirmation message of "Deleted" will be displayed after the zone has been successfully cleared. You can then repeatedly press the "Status" key until you are taken back to the main screen.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More