How Do I Disable Chimes on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can disable chime on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by accessing the Sound Settings Menu and then unchecking the box next to "All Chimes". This will disable the chimes for the system. It is also possible to turn off specific types of chimes on the panel, or the panel volume can be muted entirely.
On the IQ Panel 2, chimes can be adjusted for individual sensors or for the entire alarm system. To disable the chime for an individual sensor, its Chime Type should be set to "None". It is also possible to disable chimes for the system as a whole, or the system volume can be muted so that no chimes are produced.
To disable all chimes for a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 System, complete the following steps:
1. Access Sound Settings. Start from the home screen of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. Press the small grey bar at the top of the screen. Choose Settings > Advanced Settings > enter in the Master, Installer or Dealer Code (defaults are 1234, 1111, 2222 respectively) > Sound. This will take the system into the Sound Settings Menu.
2. Disable chimes. Scroll down to Chime Settings. Uncheck the box next to "All Chimes". This will disable all chimes for the alarm system.
3. Exit the menu. Press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen to exit the menu and return to the main screen. The chime setting can be re-enabled at any time if needed.
Remember, it is also possible to disable chimes for individual sensors. This is done by pressing the small grey bar at the top of the home screen, then going to Settings > Advanced > enter in the Master, Installer or Dealer Code > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors > Edit Sensor. Then locate the sensor you want to edit, and press the pencil icon for that sensor on the right. Locate the option for "Chime Type", and set it to "None". This will disable the chime for that individual sensor. Then press the "Save" button at the bottom.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems