How Do I Enable the Built-In Glass Break Zone for the IQ Panel 2?
You can enable the built-in glass break zone for the IQ Panel 2 by accessing the Installer Settings menu and enabling the Panel Glass Break Detector option. The system will then go to a menu where the settings for the IQ Panel 2 internal glass break sensor zone can be configured.
The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 internal glass break sensor actively listens for the sound of breaking glass. This can be very useful for monitoring a glass window. If an intruder breaks a nearby window to try and access the inside of the building, the internal glass break sensor can trigger an alarm if the system is armed. Both the standard IQ Panel 2 and the IQ Panel 2 Plus contain an internal glass break sensor. Once the internal glass break sensor is activated, it will count towards the system's 128 wireless zones.
Please note that the internal glass break sensor is not very discriminatory in detecting sounds. It may activate because of a loud sound that occurs near the panel. This is especially true if the Sensitivity Level is set to "Normal". In most cases, the default Sensitivity Level setting of "Low" will work just fine.
Mounting location is very important for the internal glass break sensor to function properly. The diagram below outlines the mounting requirements:
The process for enabling the built-in glass break zone is the same for both the IQ Panel 2 and the IQ Panel 2 Plus. Complete the following steps to enable the IQ Panel 2 built-in glass break zone:
1. Access Installer Settings. Start from the home screen of the IQ Panel 2 System. Press the small grey bar at the top of the screen. Then choose Settings > Advanced Settings > enter Installer Code (default is 1111) > Installation > Installer Settings. This will take the system to the Installer Settings menu.
2. Enable the glass break. Scroll down in the menu, and look for the option "Panel Glass Break Detector". Check the small box to the right of this option. The screen will display the options for the internal glass break detector zone.
3. Configure the settings. Adjust the settings for the internal glass break zone as needed. Each setting should be adjusted as mentioned below:
- Sensor Group should be set to "17 - Glass Break - Away Only" to have the sensor only cause an alarm if the system is set to Arm Away. If the user wants the sensor to be capable of triggering an alarm while the system is set to Arm Away or Arm Stay, the option should be set to "13 - Glass Break".
- Sensitivity Level is defaulted to "Low", but it can be set to "Normal" if the user wants to make the internal glass break easier to activate.
- Sensor DL ID, Sensor Type, Sensor Name and Chime Type can all be left alone.
Once you have finished adjusting the settings, press Save. The system will go to a list of all programmed sensors. This indicates that the internal glass break sensor for the system has been enabled.
4. Exit the menu. Press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More