How Do I Factory Reset My 2GIG Edge Alarm System?
You can factory reset your 2GIG Edge Alarm System by first accessing the Installer Toolbox Menu, followed by the Restore Defaults Menu, and then selecting which aspects of the system you want to restore to factory default, and then lastly pressing the Restore button in the bottom-right.
The 2GIG Edge is somewhat unique in that there isn't just one cover-all "factory default" option. Instead, you can select which aspects you want to restore to factory default. The available options include the following:
- Sensors & Zones
- IP Cameras
In order to factory default the system, you will need to access the Installer Toolbox Menu. This will require knowing the current Installer Code for the system. For a 2GIG Edge System, this Code is 1561 by default. Most users will keep the code at the default setting to avoid being locked out of programming. Since you cannot normally disarm with the Installer Code, keeping it at the default does not represent a security risk. If your system is installed by a professional alarm installer, it's likely that the Installer Code will be changed. You may want to discuss this with your installer if you are having your system professionally installed.
Complete the following steps to factory reset your 2GIG Edge Security System:
1. Enter Installer Toolbox. From the main screen of the 2GIG Edge, click the Settings Icon (the gear) in the bottom-right corner. Then enter the Installer Code for the system. Remember, the default Installer Code is 1561. Then select the Installer Toolbox Menu. This will take you into the Installer Toolbox.
2. Enter Restore Defaults Menu. In the Installer Toolbox, you will have many options you can choose from. Choose the option for Restore Defaults to access the Restore Defaults Menu.
3. Choose the defaults. You will now select which system settings you want to restore to their default values. The following options can be selected:
- Sensors & Zones: This will clear all programmed sensors from the system. You will need to reprogram all zones from scratch and re-enroll every sensor you want to continue using.
- Console: This will reset the system settings. You will need to reconfigure all of the miscellaneous non-zone-related settings. This includes things like delay settings, arming settings, non-alarm report codes, etc.
- Users: This will wipe out every programmed user from the system. You will need to re-add any user codes you want to continue using. Also the Master Code will be reset to 1111, and the Installer Code will be reset to 1561.
- Z-Wave: This will clear all the Z-Wave devices you have paired with the system. You will need to re-configure the entire Z-Wave automation network. This will not delete any of the network settings in each Z-Wave device. Those will have to be excluded, then re-included if you intend to continue using them.
- Network: This will wipe out any internet network settings. You will need to reconnect the panel to a WIFI network.
- IP Cameras: This will clear any cameras you have set up with the system. No cameras will be paired with the system, and you will have to go and re-pair them to stream them from the panel.
4. Perform the default. Click the Restore button in the bottom-right. The default(s) will go into effect for the option(s) you selected. You then repeatedly press the return arrow in the upper-right corner to return home.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More