How Do I Get Power to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
Power to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 comes from its included power supply. The system uses a 5.5V DC adapter that plugs into an outlet. An included, five foot long, cable is attached to the adapter and plugged into the IQ Panel 2. The device also includes a backup battery for when AC power is out.
Complete the following steps to power on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
1. Prepare the adapter. Locate the end of the included cable that features positive and negative connectors. This is the opposite end from the male barrel connector. The striped wire is the positive (+) connector, and the solid-white wire is the negative (-) connector. Screw these connectors into the included 5.5V DC adapter for the device.
The picture below shows the connection. In the picture, the positive (+) connection is red, and the negative (-) connection is black.
2. Plug-in the barrel connector. Remove the back cover of the IQ Panel 2 by sliding your thumb underneath the latch to gently pull it off. Once it has been removed, locate the female barrel connection port on the circuit board of the IQ Panel 2.
The barrel connection port is shown in the picture below:
Take the end of the included cable with the male barrel connector, and plug it into the barrel connector port on the IQ Panel 2. This is the opposite end of the cable from the power suppl shown in step 1.
The picture below shows the male barrel connector on the included cable:
After the cable has been plugged into the IQ Panel 2, you can put the cord behind the clip and into the strain-relief mechanism. This will make the wiring neater, and it will allow you to place the back cover back on the IQ Panel 2.
The picture below shows proper wire routing:
3. Plug-in the DC adapter. Plug the DC adapter into an outlet. The IQ Panel 2 will begin receiving DC power from the outlet. However, in the event of power loss, the IQ Panel 2 will still remain powered using its lithium polymer backup battery.
4. Power on the panel. Press and hold the power button on the side of the IQ Panel 2 for three seconds to turn it on.
The picture below shows the power button on the IQ Panel 2:
5. Using a wire other than the one provided. For some customers, a five foot power cable will not be long enough. You can use 18 gauge wire, no more than 25 feet long to power the IQ Panel 2. Be sure to observe proper polarity to avoid damage to the unit.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More