How Do I Get Remote Access to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can get remote access to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by setting the system up with Alarm.com. This is an interactive service platform that offers a mobile app for remote system access and control. The IQ Panel 2 System will need to have an active cellular connection to work with Alarm.com.
The Alarm.com service allows a user to control their IQ Panel 2 using a web browser or the Alarm.com Mobile App. By accessing Alarm.com, a user can arm and disarm their system, control Z-Wave home automation devices, check the status of sensors and more. These actions can be performed remotely using the Alarm.com Mobile App on an Android or iOS device.
Complete the following steps to get remote access to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
1. Obtain cellular monitoring. An alarm system can only connect with Alarm.com if it is receiving active cellular monitoring service. The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 comes with an integrated cellular communicator for this purpose. Both AT&T and Verizon communicators are available. But in order for the communicator to be activated, the user will need an alarm monitoring plan that includes cellular connectivity. For Alarm Grid, these are the Gold and Platinum level plans. We encourage you to check out our monitoring page for more information.
2. Make an Alarm.com account. After activating the cellular communicator, the user's alarm monitoring company should send the user an email with instructions on how to create an Alarm.com account. The user should follow these instructions to complete their account setup. During this process, the IQ Panel 2 will be associated with the user's Alarm.com account.
3. Download the app. In order to access Alarm.com remotely on a smart device, it is necessary to obtain the Alarm.com Mobile App. This app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Download the app so that Alarm.com can be accessed remotely.
4. Operate the system remotely. Open the Alarm.com Mobile App, and provide the login credentials for the account that was created earlier. By doing this, the system can be controlled remotely using the app.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems