How Do I Link a Honeywell Lyric Alarm System to HomeKit?
You can link a Honeywell Lyric Alarm System to HomeKit by downloading the Apple Home App on an iOS device and then following the in-app steps to pair the Lyric Panel. To do this, the Lyric must be on the latest firmware. Both the iOS device and the system must be on the same WIFI network.
This guide can provide more information on pairing a Honeywell Lyric Controller with Apple HomeKit. If you would like to pair your Lyric with Apple HomeKit, complete the following steps:
1. Update the firmware. The Lyric must be running on the latest firmware version in order to successfully pair with HomeKit. The firmware for the system can be updated right from the panel.
Start from the main screen of the system. Go to Security > Tools > Installer Code (default 4112) > Update Firmware. The button will become greyed out, indicating that the command has been triggered.
Next, return to the home screen by pressing the picture of the house on the front of the panel below the display screen. If the panel was not already on the latest firmware, it will reboot to complete the update process. Alternatively, a firmware update can also be made by contacting your alarm monitoring company and having them manually push-down the update to the Lyric System.
2. Get the Home App. The Apple Home App is available for iOS devices only. It can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store. The iOS device must be running iOS Version 10 or higher to support the Home App. The app can be identified by a yellow house with a white background.
3. Connect to WIFI. In order for the pairing process to work, both the Lyric Controller and the iOS device must be connected to the same WIFI network. Make sure that they are both on the same local network before continuing to the next step. Also, be sure BlueTooth is enabled on the iOS device.
4. Pair the system. Open the Apple Home App. Select the plus (+) icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Choose "Add Accessory". Then select the "Don't Have a Code or Can't Scan" option at the bottom.
Assuming that the Lyric has never been set up with HomeKit before and it is indeed on the same WIFI network as the iOS device, the Lyric System should be displayed underneath "Nearby Accessories". It can be identified with a name that begins with "LyricAIO".
Next, you must obtain the HomeKit Code for the Lyric. On the system, enter in the Master Code (default 1234) on the displayed keypad. Once the Master Code has been entered, an 8-digit code will be shown. This is the HomeKit Code. Enter this code into the Home App. The pairing process should begin, and the Lyric System will return to its home screen once the process is complete.
But if the Lyric has been paired with HomeKit previously, you must first reset the HomeKit settings for the system. This can be done from the Lyric Panel. Start from the main screen, and choose Security > Tools > Master Code (default 1234) > Advanced > Reset HomeKit. Then follow the steps outlined in the paragraph above to pair the system.
5. Finish integrating. Once the initial pairing has been completed, the Apple Home App will walk you through the remainder of the process. Follow the steps in the app to finish.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More