How Do I Program a Kwikset 910 to a Honeywell Lyric?
You can program a Kwikset 910 to a Honeywell Lyric using the automation settings on the Lyric. The Kwikset 910 lock interacts with the Lyric controller using Z-Wave communication. Users can enter their panel codes into the Kwikset 910 keypad to unlock the door and disarm the Lyric system.
Complete the following steps to fully integrate a Kwikset 910 lock with a Honeywell Lyric security controller:
1. Exclude the lock. It is recommended that you exclude all Z-Wave devices before including them with your system. This is because they are often included with another device before they leave the factory.
To start, bring the lock within one foot of the Lyric. This will ensure that the lock is within the range of the Lyric controller.
From the home screen of the Lyric controller, choose Automation > down arrow > Tools > Exclude Devices. The Lyric will enter exclusion mode. While in this mode, press the function button on the Kwikset 910. This is the "A" button on the back of the lock. Wait for confirmation that the device has been excluded. This may take a few minutes.
Once the lock has been successfully excluded, press the return button in the top right of the screen to return to the automation tools menu. Do not press the exclude button, as this will only have the panel re-enter exclusion mode.
2. Program the lock. From the automation tools menu, choose "Include Devices". The Lyric will enter inclusion mode. While in this mode, press the function button on the Kwikset 910. This is the "A" button on the back of the lock. Wait for conformation on the Lyric that the Kwikset 910 has been found. This may take a few minutes.
Once this happens, click "Abort". The Kwikset 910 lock should be displayed on the screen. Press the return arrow to exit this screen. Do not press the "Include" button, as this will merely reenter inclusion mode on the Lyric. Your Kwikset 910 lock should now be recognized by the Lyric controller.
3. Edit the lock. Press the picture of the house on the front of the Lyric controller to return to the home screen. From there, select "Automation". Then choose "Locks". You should see your newly-programmed Kwikset 910 listed. Click on the lock to edit its settings. Make any changes necessary, and then click the return arrow when finished.
4. Install the lock. Install the Kwikset 910 lock into your door by removing the old lock and screwing the Kwikset 910 into place. Do not set up codes on the lock itself, as this will be done using the Lyric panel.
5. Program user codes. From the home screen of the Lyric controller, choose Security > Tools > enter master code (default is 1234) > Users. From there, highlight the user you want to give permission to unlock the Kwikset 910. Then click on "Edit" to make changes to their settings.
Set Z-Wave Lock Control to "Yes" by clicking on it. Then choose "Disarm" on Z-Wave Unlocking Door if desired. With this enabled, when a valid user unlocks the door with their code, it will automatically disarm the system. Press the "Save" button in the bottom right corner of the screen to save these changes. Repeat this step for any user who you want to give permission to unlock the Kwikset 910 using their user code.
6. Test the door lock. Arm your Lyric controller and lock your door. Enter your user code in the keypad of the Kwikset 910. If everything was completed successfully, the Kwikset 910 should unlock, and your Lyric system should be disarmed.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More