How Do I Program an IQ Fob-S to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can program an IQ FOB-S to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by auto-learning it to the security panel. Once you have enrolled the IQ FOB-S, it will automatically function with the security panel. You should test the IQ FOB-S after having it auto-learned to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Complete the following steps to program an IQ FOB-S to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
1. Access device settings. From the home screen of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2, slide down the small grey bar at the top of the screen. Then go to Settings > Advanced Settings > enter the installer code or the dealer code (the default codes are 1111 and 2222, respectively) > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors. You will now be at the Security Sensors menu.
Below is a picture of the small grey bar found on the home screen:
2. Auto-Learn the keyfob. Select "Security Sensors", then choose "Auto-Learn Sensor". The panel will begin searching for a keyfob to add. On the IQ FOB-S, press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. If successful, the panel will chime and display the serial number for the IQ FOB-S on the screen. Click "OK".
You will now be able to adjust any settings for the IQ FOB-S. Change the Sensor Type to "Keyfob". Also change the name of the keyfob if desired. Leave all of the other settings as they are. Then select "Add New" at the bottom of the screen. The IQ FOB-S should now be auto-learned, and it should function with the panel.
3. Return to the home screen. Press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen of the panel.
4. Test the keyfob. You can test the keyfob by pressing the lock button once to put the IQ Panel 2 into arm stay mode. Pressing the lock button twice will put it into arm away. Pressing the unlock button will disarm the panel. Users can also press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time to send a panic signal.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Wireless Alarm Control Panels
- Security Key Fobs
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Encrypted Wireless Peripheral Sensors