How Do I Sync the Time On My Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus?
Alarm.com will automatically sync the time on your Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus. This is based on the Zip Code set on your Alarm.com account. You can technically ask your alarm monitoring company to change the Zip Code on your Alarm.com account so that the time shown on your panel changes.
When a panel is used with Alarm.com, the set time will be automatically pushed down from ADC. The end user doesn't need to actually do anything to sync the time. The syncing process is handled by Alarm.com. The time will automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time, so there's never any real need for a user to manually adjust the time.
If an end user wants to change the time set on their panel, they would have to change the Zip Code set on their ADC account. This can only be done by the user's alarm monitoring company. The end user would have to contact their alarm monitoring company and ask them to make changes to their ADC account. The panel time would then be automatically synced based on the new Zip Code associated with their Alarm.com account.
If the panel is not yet associated with ADC, then you can manually adjust the time from the panel itself. This is often the case for a non-monitored IQ Panel 2 Plus System that is only being used as a local noisemaker. If you have a non-monitored IQ2+ that is not associated with an Alarm.com account, then you can follow this FAQ to change the time. Please note that the aforementioned FAQ was written for the original IQ Panel 2, but the exact same steps will also apply to the IQ Panel 2 Plus. Also note that this isn't actually "syncing" the time to anything, but rather it is just adjusting the time manually at the panel. This is only possible for a non-monitored IQ2. Otherwise, the time is synced through Alarm.com based on the user's set Zip Code.
But if your system is monitored and connected with Alarm.com, then you will set the Time Zone for the system from Alarm.com. The panel will automatically sync the time based on the selected Time Zone. In order to do this, you must use the website version of Alarm.com. Once you have accessed your Alarm.com account from the website, choose Settings > Account Management > System Information. You can then adjust the set Time Zone. Click the blue Update button when you have finished to apply the change.
Important Note: If you do manually change the time on an IQ Panel 2 System, then the time will not update to the Zip Code set on the Alarm.com account unless one of four (4) events occur:
- The panel is activated with Alarm.com.
- A hard reset is manually pushed from Alarm.com to the panel.
- The panel is rebooted (hard or soft reboot).
- Your monitoring company manually adjusts the time to be pushed to the panel, rather than the set Zip Code time.
If you want to have your monitoring company sync the time on your IQ Panel 2 Plus, complete the following steps:
1. Get Alarm.com. You will need to have the panel associated with Alarm.com if you want to automatically sync the time. To get Alarm.com, you will need a compatible alarm monitoring plan. This is a Gold Level Plan or higher for Alarm Grid customers. More information can be found on our alarm monitoring page. You can also use a Cellular-Only Plan from Alarm Grid. While a Cellular-Only Plan will not provide you with end user access to Alarm.com, you will still technically have an Alarm.com account managed by Alarm Grid. As such, your panel will still communicate through the Alarm.com Servers.
2. Contact your monitoring company. Contact your alarm monitoring company, and let them know that you want to change the Zip Code on your Alarm.com account. Changing the Zip Code will also change the time that is automatically synced to the panel. Please note that there is no way for an end user to change the Zip Code associated with their ADC account. This can only be done by the user's alarm monitoring company.
3. Confirm the time adjustment. Check your IQ Panel 2 Plus System, and make sure the time adjusted. It may take a few moments for the time sync to go through. If it is failing to update, you might want to try rebooting the panel. To do this, start from the main screen, and press the small grey bar at the top of the screen. Choose Settings > Advanced Settings > enter Master Code, Installer Code or Dealer Code (defaults are 1234, 1111 and 2222 respectively) > Panel Reboot > OK. The newly synced time when the panel boots back up.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More