How Long Does a Siren Sound on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
The length of time that a siren will sound on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 is determined by the Siren Timeout period. The siren will continue to sound until the Siren Timeout period expires or the system is disarmed. The siren timeout period can be adjusted from the Siren and Alarms menu.
Please note that there is no way to disable the Siren Timeout period for the system so that the siren sounds indefinitely. But if you would like to adjust the Siren Timeout period for a Qolsys IQ Panel 2, complete the following steps:
1. Enter the installer menu. Start from the main screen of the system. Click the small grey bar at the top. Then choose Settings, followed by Advanced Settings. Enter in either the Installer Code or the Dealer Code. The respective default codes are 1111 and 2222. This will take you into the Installer level menu.
2. Access Siren and Alarms. Choose Installation. Then Siren and Alarms. This will take you into the Siren and Alarms menu.
3. Adjust the Siren Timeout. Scroll down to Siren Timeout, and click on that option. You can then choose the Siren Timeout period for the system. It can be set to 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 6 minutes, 7 minutes or 8 minutes. Click on the option you want to set the Siren Timeout period for the system.
4. Exit the menu. Press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen. This will return you to the home screen and save your changes.
The next time that an audible alarm occurs, it will continue to sound until the Siren Timeout period expires or the system is disarmed. You can return to the Siren and Alarms menu at any time to adjust the Siren Timeout period for the system.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems