Can I Disable the Internal Siren on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
Yes, you can disable the siren on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2. The siren can be disabled from within the system programming menu. To access this menu, you must know either the Installer Code or the Dealer Code for the system. The internal siren can also be temporarily disabled for testing.
The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 includes an integrated siren that will sound during an alarm event. This siren produces sounds at up to 85 decibels. This is about the equivalent of a standard lawnmower. For users who want a louder siren, the Qolsys IQ Siren is a Z-Wave device that will produce sounds at up to 105 dB. If an even louder siren is required, it is possible to install a hardwired siren.
But some users might want to disable the siren altogether. This can be accomplished through system programming. If you want to disable the siren for a Qolsys IQ Panel 2, complete the following steps:
1. Enter programming. Start from the main screen of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. Press the small grey button at the top. Then select Settings, followed by Advanced Settings. Then enter in the system's Installer Code or Dealer Code. The default Installer Code is 1111, and the default Dealer Code is 2222. After entering in the code, you will access system programming.
2. Disable the siren. Select Installation, then Siren and Alarms. Press the "Disable Siren" option, and select "All Sirens Off". This will disable the siren for the system. You can also choose "Installation Test Mode", which will disable the siren for 30 minutes. This mode is useful for testing the system without setting off sirens.
3. Exit programming. Once you have disabled the siren, press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen. The system will return to the home screen, and any changes that were made will be saved. The Siren and Alarms menu can be reaccessed at any time to turn the siren back on.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems