Can I Update the Firmware On a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Alarm System?
Yes, you can update the firmware on a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Alarm System. The firmware version can be updated directly from the panel. You just have to have the panel plugged in and connected to a local WIFI network. You can search the network for an update or manually apply a patch tag.
Updating the firmware on an IQ Panel 2 is necessary for unlocking new system features and functions. Qolsys periodically releases new firmware updates that make changes to the system. When a new firmware update is available, a user should take the necessary steps to update their panel.
In recent months, Qolsys released both firmware update 2.2.1 and firmware update 2.3.0. Firmware update 2.2.1 added live camera streaming from the panel, while firmware update 2.3.0 brought facial recognition and partition support. Alarm Grid usually posts about any new firmware updates as we learn about them.
Before attempting to update the firmware on your IQ Panel 2, you should make sure that the panel is plugged in and that it is connected with a local WIFI network. Complete the following steps to update the firmware on your IQ Panel 2 Alarm System:
1. Access the menu. Start from the main screen of the IQ Panel 2 with the system disarmed. Press the small grey bar at the top of the screen. Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > enter the Installer Code (the default is 1111) > Upgrade Software. This will take you to a menu where you can upgrade the software.
2. Apply the update. You can try searching the network for a firmware update by choosing "Upgrade Using Network". This will have the system search the network for a firmware update that it can apply automatically. This may not work with brand-new firmware updates that have just been made available.
It is usually recommended that you update using a Patch Tag. This way, you will be sure of the firmware update you are applying. To do this, click on Patch Tag. Then enter in the associated Patch Tag. For example, firmware update 2.3.0 used the Patch Tag "iqpanel2.3.0". You must enter in the Patch Tag exactly for the process to be successful. Patch Tag information is available from Qolsys and is accessible by security dealers. Check with your monitoring company for the latest Patch Tag. Press OK after entering in the Patch Tag. Then choose "Upgrade Using Network". The installation process should begin shortly.
3. Confirm the update. The system will reboot to complete the update process. This can take several minutes. A screen labeled "Applying Patch" should appear during this time. You will eventually be taken back to the main screen. This indicates that the patch should have been applied. Check and make sure that the new advertised system features work correctly.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems