New Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Video Feature - Firmware Update 2.2.1Posted By Michael Goris
An exciting new feature is now available for users of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. It is now possible to view the live video feed for Alarm.com Cameras directly from the panel itself. This is made possible through firmware update 2.2.1, which can be easily downloaded to the IQ Panel 2 System.
The feature is compatible with both the IQ Panel 2 Plus and the standard IQ Panel 2 System. There are a few things to keep in mind about the live video feature. First, the panel must be connected to an active WIFI network in order for the feature to work. If the WIFI goes down, the panel will be unable to stream live video.
Second, the feature only works with compatible Alarm.com Cameras. Some cameras will allow the IQ Panel 2 to stream both video and audio, while others are for video only. The compatible cameras are listed below:
- ADC-VDB101 - Model 102 will also work.
- ADC-VDB105 - Model 106 will also work.
Note: The ADC-V521IR needs Firmware IP8137-ALAM-0100d1 or higher for two-way audio. The ADC-V522IR Must be Hardware Version 0101 with Firmware IP8168-ALAM-0100b9 or higher for two-way audio.
Additionally, the cameras below are for video only:
Third, a user will need to have an alarm monitoring plan that supports video. For Alarm Grid customers, these are the Platinum Level Plans. For two-way audio, the feature "Audio for Non-Doorbell Cameras" must be enabled on the user's Alarm.com account.
Remember, Firmware Version 2.2.1 is needed on the IQ Panel 2 System to support this feature. The IQ Panel 2 Plus should arrive with this firmware update already applied. But the standard IQ Panel 2 may need to have the firmware update applied. The panel should be connected with a WIFI network, have its transformer plugged-in and have a charged battery before performing the update to the system. If you need to upgrade the firmware, complete the following steps first:
1. Access the upgrade menu. Start from the home screen of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. Press the small grey bar at the top. Choose Settings > Advanced Settings > Enter Installer Code (default 1111) > Upgrade Software. This will take you to the upgrade menu.
2. Provide the Patch Tag. Press "Patch Tag". Then enter in "iqpanel2.2.1". Press OK. This will provide the Patch Tag associated with the update.
3. Perform the update. Click "Upgrade Using Network". The update should begin to install. Press OK when prompted. The panel should reboot, and the update will be applied. This will take about five minutes. The home screen should be displayed once the update has been successfully applied.
Next, the feature must be enabled for the IQ Panel 2. This is done from Alarm.com. Login to Alarm.com website. Then choose the "Video" option on the left, followed by "Settings" at the top. Then choose "Stream Video to Security Panel Screen". Every compatible camera will have an "Authorize" toggle switch that must be selected to be used with this feature. Once all the cameras have been enabled, you can log-out of Alarm.com.
Finally, you can try streaming the live video feed from your Qolsys IQ Panel 2. Swipe left on the screen until you reach the "Live Video Cameras" page. Find the camera you want to view, and press the Play button. The panel will begin streaming the live video of the camera.
Firmware Version 2.2.1 also provided some other fixes and changes for the IQ Panel 2. These include:
- Improved reliability and performance for Live Answer and Live View features
- Filtering out unneeded "Motion Activated" messages sent from Alarm.com
- Corrects a Chime and Voice problem that resets settings to "Nighttime Mode" after performing a Software Update
- Corrects an issue where extra zones numbered 130 - 136 could be present on Alarm.com
- Corrects a problem where the panel was reporting cellular strength signals when disconnected fro the network
If you have any questions about this new feature, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call us at 888-818-7728 from 9am thru 8pm Monday thru Friday. We hope you enjoy using the video feature with your IQ Panel 2!