How Do I Add Additional User Codes to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can add additional user codes to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by accessing advanced settings using the Master Code, then going to user management and selecting Add User. Up to 242 different user codes can be programmed with the IQ Panel 2 System. Codes can be set as "Master", "User" or "Guest".
A user code is a general code that is used for arming and disarming. A Master Code can arm and disarm, and it can also access and change more advanced settings for the panel. A guest code is exactly the same as a user code in every possible sense, except that it has the fancy "guest" title. The benefit of having each individual user possess a unique code is for logging purposes. This allows an owner or manager to know who armed or disarmed the system and when the action took place.
If you would like to add a new user code to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2, complete the following steps:
1. Enter user management. Start from the home screen of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. Press the small grey bar at the top of the screen. Then choose Settings > Advanced Settings > enter the Installer, Dealer or Master Code (defaults are 1111, 2222 and 1234) > User Management. This will take you into the user management menu.
2. Add a user. Press the "Add User" button at the bottom of the screen. From there, you must provide a name for the user, enter a four-digit code, confirm the four-digit code and set the user type. An expiration date for the code can also be set if you only want the code to work for a limited duration of time. Otherwise, just keep the expiration date at "unlimited". Press the "Add User" button at the bottom of the screen to finish adding the code.
3. Exit the menu. Press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen. This will return the system to the home screen.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems