How Do I Enroll a Z-Wave Lock to My Interlogix Simon XT?
You can enroll a Z-Wave lock to your Interlogix Simon XT by first putting the system into Z-Wave inclusion mode. With the system in this mode, activate the inclusion function on the Z-Wave lock. The Simon XT System should recognize the Z-Wave door lock and include it in the Z-Wave network.
Please note that the Simon XT System must have a Z-Wave controller installed before it will support any Z-Wave devices. For the Simon XT, this means installing a compatible cellular communication module with an integrated Z-Wave controller.
Complete the following steps to enroll a Z-Wave lock to your Interlogix Simon XT:
1. Access system programming. From the main screen of the Simon XT System, keep pressing the down arrow until you reach the "System Programming" option. Then press the "OK" button. You will then need to enter the Installer Code for the system. The default Installer Code for a Simon XT Panel is 4321. After entering the Installer Code, press the "OK" button. This will take you into system programming.
2. Exclude the device. When setting up new devices on the Z-Wave network, it is always a good idea to exclude the device, prior to attempting to include it. This will clear out any prior network information that may have been learned in as part of the Quality Assurance process from the factory.
Press the up arrow once to reach "Interactive Services", and then press the "OK" button. Press the down arrow once to reach "Z-Wave Setup", and then press the "OK" button. Press the down arrow twice to reach "Remove Z-Wave Device", and then press the "OK" button. The screen will read "Press button on device to remove...". This will indicate that the system is in its exclusion mode. Follow the instructions on the Z-Wave lock to exclude it from the network. The Simon XT should display "Device # Removed."
3. Activate inclusion mode. Press "Status" to return to "Z-Wave Setup", and then press the "OK" button. Press the down arrow once to reach "Add Z-Wave Device", and then press the "OK button. The screen will read "Press button on device to add...". This will indicate that the system is in its inclusion mode.
4. Include the device. Activate the inclusion function on the Z-Wave lock to add it to the network. Some locks will have an inclusion button. Other locks will require a specific code to be entered on its keypad. Refer to the instruction manual for the lock to learn how to activate the device's inclusion function. The panel will confirm when the device has been added, and a device number will be displayed.
5. Exit programming and test. Repeatedly press the "Status" button until you return to the main screen. This will save any programming changes that were made. You should then test the Z-Wave lock to make sure that it has been programmed properly. You can test the lock using Alarm.com or using an Interlogix Two-Way Talking Touch Screen Keypad.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More