How Do I Factory Default My Kwikset Z-Wave Lock?
You can factory default your Kwikset Z-Wave Lock by removing the lock's cover and then removing the lock's battery pack to power the lock down. Then press and hold the "Program" button. Keep the button held down as you reapply power to the lock. Then wait, and press one more time to reset.
When you factory reset a Kwikset Z-Wave Lock, a couple of things will happen. First, all programmed user codes will be cleared. You will need to reprogram any codes. Second, the lock will lose its Z-Wave settings. You will need to re-enroll the lock with the network after the defaulting. You may also need to clear the lock from the network before it can pair successfully.
The typical Kwikset Z-Wave Lock will have a "Program" button that allows you to perform a total factory reset. Keep in mind that not all Kwikset Z-Wave Locks will necessarily have this button, and it can vary between different models. You should refer to the lock's instruction manual for more information on performing a factory reset.
Complete the following steps to factory default your Kwikset Z-Wave Lock.
1. Remove the cover. Take off the lock's cover. This will reveal some inner buttons and the battery pack. This includes the "Program" button that is used to perform the factory reset.
2. Power down the lock. Remove the battery pack. This will will power down the lock.
3. Press and hold "Program". Press and hold the "Program" button. This is usually a larger button in the center. Please check the lock's instruction manual for help identifying this button. Keep the button held down.
4. Power on the lock. With the "Program" button held down, reapply the battery pack. This will restore power to the lock. Continue to keep the "Program" button held down.
5. Wait for confirmation. Keep the "Program" button held down for at least another 30 seconds. At that point the, the lock should beep, and its status LED light should flash red. You can finally release the button at that point.
6. Finish the reset. Immediately press the "Program" button one more time. The LED should flash green, and the lock should beep one more time. This will confirm the reset.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More