How Do I Integrate a SkyBell Video DoorBell With Total Connect 2.0?
You can integrate a SkyBell Video DoorBell with Total Connect 2.0 by installing the SkyBell device and then completing the process through the Total Connect 2.0 Mobile App on an Android or iOS device. You will need to have the SkyBell feature enabled on your TC2 account for this to work.
Please note that this process works with both the classic round SkyBell DBCAM and the rectangular Honeywell DBCAM-TRIM. Do not attempt this process with a SkyBell device designed for use with Alarm.com. Remember that you can only have up to five (5) SkyBell devices per Total Connect 2.0 account.
Also note that this process is slightly different depending on whether your SkyBell device is currently associated with a SkyBell account. First we will cover the process for integrating a SkyBell device that is currently not paired with a SkyBell account. After that we will cover the process for pairing a SkyBell device that is already paired with an active SkyBell account.
Integrate a New Skybell
Complete the following steps to integrate a new SkyBell Video DoorBell that is not currently associated with a SkyBell account with your Total Connect 2.0 service:
1. Install the SkyBell device. Install your new SkyBell DoorBell Camera in place of your existing doorbell. For more information on installing a SkyBell Video DoorBell, please review this FAQ.
2. Enable the SkyBell feature. You must have the SkyBell feature enabled on your Total Connect 2.0 account. Only your alarm monitoring company can enable this feature. Contact your alarm monitoring company and ask them to enable the feature. Alarm Grid will enable the feature at no extra charge for any monitored customer with access to Total Connect 2.0. If you would like to learn more about our monitoring plans, please take a look at our alarm monitoring page.
Note: Make sure that your alarm monitoring company knows that you are setting up a new SkyBell device for the first time and that you are planning to create a new SkyBell account. The process is different if you are pairing an existing SkyBell with TC2. For that process, see the second set of steps in this FAQ.
3. Open the TC2 App. Open the Total Connect 2.0 Mobile App on your Android or iOS device. If you do not have the mobile app, you can download it for free from either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. You can login to Total Connect 2.0 using your account name and password. Please note that the Android App and the iOS App will have slightly different layouts, but they should appear very similar.
4. Start the pairing process. After logging in to TC2, choose the Cameras tab. Please note that the Cameras option may be found under "More". Then select "Add Camera". When asked which type of camera, choose "SKYBELL" under Video Doorbell. You will then be taken to a screen where you can begin the pairing process. Click the blue "Set Up New SkyBell" button to continue.
5. Complete the integration. You will be given instructions to follow on the screen as you complete the integration process. You can monitor the LED light on your SkyBell device during this process. Your SkyBell device should begin blinking red and green when it has been charged. Alternatively, you can press and hold the main button in the center until it begins blinking red and green. Click the Next button to continue.
Make sure that your phone is connected with the WIFI network that begins with the name "SkyBellHD". You will need to leave the TC2 App to do this. Go to phone settings, be sure WIFI is enabled then select the "SkyBellHD_XXXXXX" network as shown below. Return to the TC2 App once your phone is on this network. You will then tell your SkyBell device the WIFI network you want to use permanently. Choose from the list of available access points. With the correct network highlighted, press the Next button to continue. Then provide the password for the WIFI network, and click Next.
After a few moments, your SkyBell device will be connected with the network and associated with your Total Connect 2.0 account. You can adjust the settings for your SkyBell device by clicking the gear icon next to it in TC2. If you want to view the live feed for your SkyBell, choose the device from the Cameras menu from the TC2 website or mobile app.
Integrate an Existing Skybell
If you need to integrate a SkyBell device that is already associated with a SkyBell account, complete the steps below. Please note that we will assume the SkyBell device is already installed at the location.
1. Enable the SkyBell feature. The SkyBell feature must be enabled on your Total Connect 2.0 account. You need to contact your alarm monitoring company to enable this feature. Contact your alarm monitoring company and ask them to enable the feature. Alarm Grid customers can have the feature at no extra monthly charge. You just need to have TC2 included with your monitoring service.
Note: Make sure that your alarm monitoring company knows that you are pairing a existing SkyBell device that is already associated with a SkyBell account. The process is different if you are pairing a new SkyBell device that is not associated with a SkyBell account. For that process, see the steps above.
2. Open the TC2 App. On your Android or iOS device, open up the TC2 Mobile App. You can download the app for free from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store if you don't have it already. After opening the app, login to TC2 using your account name and password. Although the Android App and the iOS will appear slightly different, the menus will still look similar.
3. Start the pairing process. Choose the Cameras tab from the menu. Depending upon the layout, the Cameras option may be found under "More". From there, select "Add Camera". Choose "SKYBELL", which is found under Video Doorbell. You will reach a screen where you can start the pairing process. Press the "Add Existing SkyBell" button to proceed.
4. Login to SkyBell. You will now need to log into your SkyBell account. Note that this is not your Total Connect 2.0 account. This is the account you used when setting up your SkyBell device. You will need to provide the email and password associated with the account.
5. Choose the SkyBell device. If you have multiple SkyBell devices on your account, then you will need to choose the one you want to use with Total Connect 2.0. Remember, you can only have one SkyBell device per TC2 account. If you only have one device on your SkyBell account, then you will skip this step. Click on the SkyBell device you want to use so that a green checkmark appears beside it. Then click the Next button at the bottom of the screen.
6. Confirm the integration. It may take a few moments to complete the pairing process. Once it is complete, your SkyBell device will be paired with your TC2 account. You can access your SkyBell Camera at any time from the TC2 website or mobile app. To do this, select the device from the Cameras menu. If you want to adjust the settings for the device, click the gear icon next to the camera.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More