How do I Power Cycle a Lyric Gateway?
There are a number of reasons you might want to reboot the Lyric Gateway. WIFI issues may prompt a reboot, a cellular activation may do the same. Regardless of the reason, there are a couple of different ways to achieve a reboot on the Lyric Gateway.
The first way is a soft reboot. In order to reboot in this way, you need to have the MyHome Gateway App installed on a smart device which is connected to the same network as the Lyric Gateway. You can see details on accomplishing that here. You can not use the MyHome Gateway app on a Lyric Gateway set to communicate via Cellular only.
- In the MyHome Gateway App, go to Security > Tools > Master Code > Advanced > Reboot.
- At the “Are You Sure?” prompt, press “Ok”.
- You’ll see “Panel is rebooting. Please wait.” on the app.
- At the panel you’ll hear it speak “The system is now connected to the WIFI network.” and the LED’s will flash in a runway pattern at the top of the panel. Once this is finished, and the status returns, the reboot is complete.
The second option is a hard reboot. This involves removing the transformer and backup battery, then re-applying power.
- Remove the kick-stand desk mount, if used.
- Remove the screw at the bottom of the Lyric Gateway and then remove the back plate.
- Unplug the Battery, and the transformer barrel connector from the back of the panel.
- Be sure to plug the battery back in first, then plug the barrel connector in for power.
- The system will announce, “The system is now connected to the WIFI network” and the LED’s will flash in a runway pattern at the top of the panel.
- Once this is finished and status returns, the reboot is complete.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Answered By
- Julia Ross