How Do I Program a 5820L to a Lynx Touch Panel if the Serial Isn't on the Label?
You can program a 5820L that is missing its serial number by auto-enrolling it into your Lynx Panel. This can be done through the programming menu of the system. Once the 5820L has been installed and programmed into the panel, you should test the sensor to ensure that it is working properly.
Complete the following steps to auto-enroll a 5820L into a Lynx Touch panel:
1. Access the zones menu. From the home screen of the Lynx Touch, go to Security >More > Tools > enter the installer code (the default is 4112) > Program > Zones. You will now be in the zones menu for the panel.
2. Learn-in the sensor. Click on an available zone to highlight it. Then select "Edit" at the bottom of the screen to access the settings for that zone. Click on the "Serial Number" field to put the panel into learn mode.
Next, fault the 5820L three times to auto-enroll it with the panel. You can fault the sensor by separating it from its included magnet, then restore it by returning the magnet to its original position. A chime will indicate a successful fault and the serial number received will be displayed. After three successful faults and restores, the panel will chime three times, and you will be taken back to the main edit screen for that zone.
3. Adjust the settings. Make the following adjustments to the zone settings:
- Set the Device Type and the Response Type to their appropriate values. These will depend on how you intend to use the 5820L.
- You can name the device using the Zone Descriptor fields.
- The Loop Number should be set to "loop 1".
- Set Alarm Report to "Yes" if you want an alert sent to the central station when the 5820L is faulted while armed.
- Set Chime to "Yes" if you want the panel to chime when the 5820L is faulted.
- Supervision should remain at "Supervised" so that the panel will alert you if it loses contact of the 5820L sensor.
- Click "Save" in the bottom right corner of the screen to save your changes.
The video shown below will help you with enrolling the sensor and adjusting its settings:
4. Return to the home screen. Keep pressing the return arrow in the upper right corner of the screen until you return to the home screen of the panel. Be sure to select "Yes" when the panel asks "Allow Installer to re-enter Programming?"
5. Install the sensor. You can install the 5820L by mounting the sensor in a desired location. We recommend placing the sensor on the door or window frame and its included magnet on the actual door or window. Placing the sensor on the non-moving part will prevent it from being damaged when the door or window is opened or closed. Make sure to place the sensor within half an inch of the magnet to ensure that it will function properly.
6. Test the sensor. Open the door or window where you have installed the sensor. If the device was programmed and installed correctly, a fault will be displayed on your Lynx system. Close the door or window, the fault message should clear.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More