How Do I Program the Honeywell 5808W3 to the 2GIG GC2?
You can program the Honeywell 5808W3 to the 2GIG GC2 by accessing the System Configuration Menu and then completing the steps for enrolling a new sensor. The enrollment process involves learning-in the Serial Number for 5808W3 and adjusting all of its settings and configurations.
The Honeywell 5808W3 will need to be programmed with two different zones on the 2GIG GC2 System in order to use both its smoke & heat detection and freeze detection functions. However, the device will only need to programmed with one zone if it is only being used for one of these functions. It is important to test the device after it has been programmed.
Complete the following steps to program the 5808W3 to the 2GIG GC2:
1. Access System Configuration. Start from the main screen of the 2GIG GC2 System. Press the 2GIG logo in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Then provide the Installer Code for the system (the default is 1561). Then choose System Configuration to access the System Configuration Menu.
2. Choose a Sensor Number. Use the right and left arrows to scroll through a list of possible sensor numbers. Stop when you find a number that has not yet been assigned. Then press the down arrow to continue.
3. Configure the settings. Continue programming the sensor. Use the right and left arrow to choose the appropriate selection for each programming option. Use the down arrow after making the appropriate selection to move on to the next programming option. Use the up arrow to return to the previous programming option. Continue until you reach the end of the list. The following programming options and selections will be made:
- Sensor Type: Choose "(09) 24-Hour Fire" or "(16) 24-Hour Fire Verification" if the zone is being used for smoke & heat detection. Choose "(08) 24-Hour Auxiliary Alarm" if the zone is being used for freeze detection. The difference between options 09 and 16 is that verification will require that the sensor is activated a second time after 30 seconds have passed before an alarm will occur. But the 09 option will trigger an immediate alarm upon activation.
- Equipment Code: Use "0859 - HW Smoke 5808W3".
- Serial Number: Press the "Shift" button. Then press "Learn" on the left. The screen will indicate that the system is waiting for an RF transmission from the sensor. Press the test button on the 5808W3 to learn it in. You will need a paper clip or other thin object to press the test button on the 5808W3.
- Equipment Age: Choose (0) for "New" or (1) for "Existing". This will not affect the operation of the device in any way.
- Loop Number: Choose Loop 1 for Smoke & Heat Detector, or Loop 3 for Freeze Detection.
- Voice Descriptor: This determines what name the system will speak out when the 5808W3 is activated. Choose something that will allow you to easily identify the sensor, such as "Bedroom Smoke", "Basement Smoke", "Hallway Smoke", etc. For more information on the voice descriptor feature, please review pages 38 and 39 of the 2GIG GC2 Programming Guide.
- Sensor Reports and Sensor Supervision: Set both to enabled.
- Sensor Chime: This can be disabled since an alarm will occur when the sensor is activated any way.
4. Confirm the changes. On the summary screen, choose "Edit Next" to continue or "Edit Current" to return to the settings for the sensor. Then press the "End" button in the lower-right corner of the screen. You will be taken to another summary screen. Make sure the box next to "Save Changes" is selected. Then choose "Exit" in the bottom-right corner. The system will reboot to apply the changes.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More