How Do I Program the Honeywell 5808W3 to the 2GIG GC3?
You can program the Honeywell 5808W3 to the 2GIG GC3 by accessing the system's wireless zones menu, putting the system into its learn mode and activating the test switch on the 5808W3 to enroll it. The settings and configurations for the 5808W3 Smoke and Heat Detector can then be adjusted.
The Honeywell 5808W3 will require two different zones on the 2GIG GC3 Alarm System for full functionality. One wireless zone will be used for smoke and heat detection, and the other will be used for freeze detection. But if you only intend on using the device for one of these functions, then only one zone will be needed. Remember to test the sensor after it has been enrolled.
Complete the following steps to program the Honeywell 5808W3 to the 2GIG GC3:
1. Access wireless zones. Start from the home screen of the 2GIG GC3 System. Click the 2GIG logo in the upper-right corner of the screen. Then provide the system's Installer Code (default is 1561). Then choose System Configuration, followed by Wireless Zones. This will open the Wireless Zones Menu.
2. Select a zone. Find an available zone on the left side of the screen. Click on the zone to highlight it. Then press the "Edit Zone" button to configure the settings for that zone. This will take you to a menu where the sensor can be learned-in and its settings can be configured.
3. Program the 5808W3. The following settings should be set for the 5808W3:
- Sensor Type: If the zone is being used for smoke & heat, choose "09 - 24-Hour Fire" or "16 - 24-Hour Fire Verification". The difference between the two is that 09 will trigger an immediate alarm upon detecting smoke or a high temperature, while 16 will require that the sensor is activated a second time after a 30 second period before an alarm will occur. If the zone is being used for freeze detection, choose "08 - 24-Hour Auxiliary Alarm".
- Equipment Code: Choose "0859 - HW Smoke 5808W3"
- Serial Number: Press the Learn button in the lower-right corner of the keypad. Then activate the test button on the 5808W3 to learn it in. You will need a paper clip or other thin object to press the test button. The diagram below shows the test button on the 5808W3:
- Equipment Age: Enter in "New" if the device is being used for the first time, or enter in "Existing" if the device was previously enrolled with a different system. This will not affect the operation of the 5808W3.
- Loop Number: Choose Loop 1 for Smoke & Heat Detection. Choose Loop 3 for Freeze Detection.
- Transmission Delay: Set this to "Disabled" so that the system notifies Alarm.com immediately when the sensor triggers an alarm.
- Voice Descriptors: These will determine how the GC3 identifies the sensor. Choose a name that is appropriate, such as "Bedroom Smoke" or "Basement Smoke".
- Sensor Reports and Supervision: Set these to "Enabled".
- Sensor Chime. This can be "Disabled", since an alarm will occur when the sensor is activated anyway.
4. Save the changes. Once you have finished adjusting the settings, press the "Return to System Configuration" button at the top of the screen. Press the back arrow on the left. Then press "Save" to make sure that all of the changes are saved. The system will then complete the enrollment process for the 5808W3.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More