How Do I Remove a Z-Wave Device from an Interlogix Simon XT?
You can remove a Z-Wave device from an Interlogix Simon XT by first putting the system in its exclusion mode. Then activate the inclusion function on the Z-Wave device. The Z-Wave device will be removed from the panel and cleared from the network. It can then be paired with another system.
A Z-Wave device can be removed from an alarm system by clearing it from the network. However, a Z-Wave device does not have to be enrolled with that specific system in order to be cleared. Any time a Z-Wave device has its inclusion function activated while it is within immediate range of a system in Z-Wave exclusion mode, the device will clear from the network.
Clearing a Z-Wave device provides greater use than just simply removing it from a system. By clearing a Z-Wave device, it can be successfully added to a new system. We recommend clearing any Z-Wave device before attempting to add it to an alarm system, even if the Z-Wave device is brand-new. This is because the Z-Wave device may have been added to another network for factory testing purposes. Clearing the device first will ensure that it can be added to the local Z-Wave network.
Complete the following steps to remove a Z-Wave device from an Interlogix Simon XT:
1. Enter system programming. Start from the home screen of the Simon XT System. Keep pressing the down arrow until the option for "System Programming" is displayed on the screen. Press the "OK" button to enter this field. The Installer Code for the system will need to be provided. The default Installer Code is 4321. Press the "OK" button after entering the code. If the code was entered correctly, the programming menu will be displayed.
2. Enter exclusion mode. Press the up arrow on the system once to reach "Interactive Services". Press the "OK" button to access the menu. Press the down arrow one time to reach "Z-Wave Setup", and press "OK". Press the down arrow twice to reach "Remove Z-Wave Device", and press the "OK" button. The screen will display "Press button on device to remove...", indicating that the Simon XT System is in its Z-Wave exclusion mode.
3. Remove the device. Activate the inclusion function on the Z-Wave device to clear it from the network. Most Z-Wave devices will have a button for this purpose. But some devices may require a code to be entered or some other task to be performed. Check the device's installation manual for more information. You may need to bring the Z-Wave device close to the panel in order for it to be recognized. The system will display "Device # Removed" once it has been successfully cleared from the network.
4. Exit the menu. Repeatedly press the "Status button on the Simon XT until the home screen is displayed. Any changes that were made will be automatically saved.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Smart Home Controllers
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems