How Do I Reset My 2GIG GC2 Alarm System's Password?
You can reset your 2GIG GC2 Alarm System's password by performing a factory reset of the panel. This is done by powering the system completely down and then holding down the two buttons on the front as the system is powered back on. This will reset both the Master and Installer Codes.
Please note that a factory reset can only be performed if the option is enabled from within system programming. This is Question 44 (Q44) and Question 45 (Q45) in the System Configuration Menu. (Q44) must be set to either a 1 or a 2, and (Q45) must be set to 0. If the factory reset option is disabled, then you must access the System Configuration Menu and enable it. This requires knowing the current system Installer Code. If you do not know the Installer Code and the option is disabled, then unfortunately the system may need to be replaced. Please note that the default Installer Code for the GC2 System is 1561. Also note that performing a factory reset will delete any zones that have been programmed with the system.
After the factory reset is performed, the Installer Code will be reset to 1561, and the Master Code will be reset to 1111. Assuming that the factory reset option is enabled, a factory reset of the 2GIG GC2 can be performed by completing the following steps:
1. Power down the system. To shut the system down, first unplug the transformer in the wall outlet. Then open up the panel, and disconnect the backup battery. Check the front of the system to confirm that it has powered down. If the system has powered down successfully, the screen on the front will be dark and blank.
2. Perform the reset. Reconnect the backup battery. The panel will not power up at this point. Press and hold the two buttons on the front of the panel. These are the emergency and home buttons located beneath the touchscreen. With these buttons both held down, plug in the system transformer to power the panel back on. Continue to hold down the buttons as the system boots up. This will perform a factory reset. The buttons can be released once they light up and the main screen is displayed.
3. Confirm the reset. Press the 2GIG logo in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Enter in 1561. If the reset was successful, the system will display the Installer Toolbox Menu.
NOTE: An alternative to this method is to sign up for system monitoring through Alarm.com. As part of the activation process the Installer and Master codes can both be changed by the alarm dealer without forcing a default of the entire system.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems