How Do I Reset the Installer Code on a PROA7 or PROA7PLUS?
You can reset the Installer Code on a PROA7 or PROA7PLUS by entering the Installer's Tools Menu, selecting 'Installer Pin,' then select 'Change Installer's PIN.' Monitored customers can request that their dealer change the code. Dealers can change the code via the AlarmNet 360 Website.
In this article, we specifically speak of the Honeywell Home PROA7 and the Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS. This content also applies to the Resideo PROA7C and the Resideo PROA7PLUSC. The Honeywell Home PROA7 and the Resideo PROA7C are identical, and the PROA7PLUS and the PROA7PLUSC are identical. The only difference between the Honeywell Home and Resideo models is the name on the front of the device. They are all made by Resideo (formerly Honeywell.)
This family of Pro Series alarm panels contains a sleek 7" touchscreen. When they were first released, there was no option for local programming. Resideo enabled local programming with firmware version 3.591.92.0. All new panels are released with this or a higher version.
To reset the Installer's Code on the PROA7 or PROA7PLUS, follow the steps below:
1. Select the Menu Icon. From the security screen, select the 3-lined menu (≡) icon.
2. Select Tools. On the left scroll down and select 'Tools.'
3. Enter Installer's Pin. With the keypad, enter the current Installers Pin. The default is 4112.
4. Select Installer Pin. Scroll down and select 'Installer Pin.'
5. Choose Change Installer Pin. Select 'Change Installer Pin.'
6. Enter New Installer Pin twice. Enter the new Installer's Pin on the keypad. Enter a second time to confirm.
7. Confirm the change. If both codes match and you entered a valid new Installers Pin, you will get a pop-up letting you know the Installers Pin was successfully changed.
Monitored customers have another option to reset the Installers Pin. Their alarm dealer has the programming from the PROA7 or PROA7PLUS backed up on the AlarmNet 360 Website. This is a dealer-only website, so you cannot access it on your own. If you need to reset the Installers Pin via your alarm dealer, contact them for the request. If Alarm Grid is your dealer, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this reset. This option might come in handy if you changed your Installer's Pin via the panel's touchscreen, but have now forgotten what you changed it to.
The Installer's Pin will also be reset if the ProSeries Panel is factory defaulted or factory reset. This is a major action and should only be done if recommended by an alarm professional or as a last resort when a system is behaving erratically. This is typically only done after all other troubleshooting steps have been exhausted. A factory default or factory reset will wipe out the entire panel programming and will require reprogramming of security sensors, Z-Wave devices, keypads, users, and settings. If this is required, please see our article factory resetting a PROA7 or PROA7PLUS.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Apartment Security Systems
- Home Automation Controllers
- Touchscreen Alarm Panels
- Touchscreen Alarm Panels
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Answered By
- Fred Daniels