How Do I Silence the Exit Delay on a Honeywell Lyric Alarm System?
You can silence the Exit Delay on a Honeywell Lyric Alarm System by choosing the Silent Exit option after Arming Away. This will have the Lyric countdown silently during the Exit Delay period. By selecting this option, the Exit Delay will last for twice as long as the programmed setting.
When a user Arms Away, the Lyric Panel will usually produce audible tones to let everyone know that it is time to exit the premises. The same is true when a user chooses the option to Arm Custom. However, some users may find these tones to be a bother. In that case, they may want to have a way to silence the Exit Delay countdown. This is why Honeywell provided the Silent Exit option.
Please note that there is no Silent Exit option when Arming Stay. This is because the panel does not produce continuous audible tones when a user Arms Stay. Instead, the panel only produces three quick beeps to let the user know that their panel is arming. These quick tones are a lot less noticeable than the Arming Away countdown. For that reason, Honeywell didn't bother to include a Silent Exit option for Arming Stay.
Keep in mind that if Auto-Stay Arming is enabled, then a user must activate an Entry/Exit zone when Arming Away. Otherwise, the system will automatically revert to Arm Stay Mode after the Exit Delay countdown has completed.
Complete the following steps to silence the Exit Delay on a Honeywell Lyric Alarm System:
1. Choose to Arm. Start from the main screen of the Lyric. Choose Security, then Arm Away or Arm Custom. You are now in the Arming Menu.
When you choose to Arm Custom, you will first be given an opportunity to bypass available burglary zones. Select any zones that you would like to have bypassed during this arming. Selected zones will turn blue. Next choose "Arm Custom" at the lower right.
2. Select Silent Exit. Press the Silent Exit button at the bottom. It should highlight blue after it has been selected. This confirms that you have selected Silent Exit.
3. Arm the system. Provide a valid system code. The Lyric System will begin to Arm. It will not produce an Exit Delay tone during this time. The countdown will now last for twice as long as the programmed setting.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems