How Do I Turn Off Arm-Confirm on a Honeywell L5100 Alarm System?
You can turn off Arm-Confirm on a Honeywell L5100 Alarm System by accessing the Sounder Menu from within programming. Turning off the Arm-Confirm option will prevent the panel from emitting a loud tone when Arming Away using a key fob or keypad. Make sure to save your changes when finished.
Arm-Confirm is a setting that has the Honeywell L5100 produce a brief tone whenever an end user sets their system to Arm Away using a key fob or keypad. This includes any Honeywell 5834-4 Key Fobs and any Honeywell 5828 or 5828V Keypads. The purpose of this feature is to provide an audible notification that the system has been Armed Away. This can be helpful when a user didn't directly arm from the panel to let them know that they need to vacate the premises or disarm the system immediately. It also provides confirmation that the Arming command went through successfully.
There are four Arm-Confirm settings for the Honeywell L5100. These are None, All RF, RF Key Fob and RF Keypad. A simple definition for each option is as follows:
- None: The system will not produce an Arm-Confirm tone.
- All RF: The system will produce an Arm-Confirm tone when Arming Away using a key fob or keypad.
- RF Key Fob: The system will produce an Arm-Confirm tone when Arming Away using a key fob only.
- RF Keypad: The system will produce an Arm-Confirm tone when Arming Away using a keypad only.
Please note that the system will not produce an Arm-Confirm tone when Arming Stay. Additionally, there is no way to adjust or reduce the volume for the Arm-Confirm tone. Finally, the Arm-Confirm tone is not to be confused with the Exit Delay Countdown. The Exit Delay Countdown is not as loud and lasts for the entire countdown period when Arming Away.
If you want to adjust the Arm-Confirm settings on a Honeywell L5100, complete the following steps:
1. Enter programming. Start from the main screen of the Honeywell L5100. Choose Security > More > Tools > Installer Code (default 4112) > Program. You are now in programming.
2. Open the Sounder Menu. The Arm-Confirm setting is found in the Sounder Menu. Press the down arrow on the right side of the screen once. Then locate the Sounder option in the upper-left corner. You are now inside the Sounder Menu.
3. Adjust the setting. Locate the Arm Confirm option, which is the bottom-right selection. Tap on it to toggle between available selections. Continue once you have the setting you want.
4. Save and exit. Press "Save" in the bottom-right corner to save your changes. Then repeatedly press the return arrow in the upper-right corner until you return to the main menu. When asked if you want to allow the installer to re-enter programming, choose "Yes".
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More