How Do I Turn Off Arm-Confirm on a Honeywell L5200 Alarm System?
You can turn off Arm-Confirm on a Honeywell L5200 Alarm System by accessing the Sounder Menu found in programming. Once this option is off, the panel will no longer emit a loud single tone when Arming Away using a key fob or keypad. The new setting must be saved to go into effect.
When Arm-Confirm is enabled, the Honeywell L5200 will produce a brief, but loud, tone whenever a user Arms Away using a key fob or keypad. This includes the Honeywell 5834-4 Key Fob and the Honeywell 5828 and 5828V Keypads that are commonly used with the panel. This function is useful because it provides audible verification that an arming command went through successfully. This can be very important if a user does not arm from the panel directly. Once the user hears the tone, they should know that their system is Arming Away. They must then either Disarm the system or exit immediately.
The Honeywell L5200 has four available Arm-Confirm settings. These settings are None, All RF, RF Key Fob and RF Keypad. An explanation for each setting is listed below:
- None: No Arm-Confirm tones will be produced.
- All RF: Arm-Confirm tones will be produced when Arming Away using a key fob or keypad.
- RF Key Fob: Arm-Confirm tones will be produced when Arming Away using a key fob only.
- RF Keypad: Arm-Confirm tones will be produced when Arming Away using a keypad only.
Keep in mind that no Arm-Confirm tone will be produced when Arming Stay. Also note that there is no way to reduce the volume for the Arm-Confirm tone. Users should also not confuse the Arm-Confirm tone with the Exit Delay Countdown. The Arm-Confirm tone is much louder and only emits once. The Exit Delay Countdown can be adjusted for volume, and it lasts for the entire Exit Delay period when Arming Away.
Complete the following steps to adjust the Arm-Confirm setting on a Honeywell L5200:
1. Open programming. Begin from the main screen of the L5200. Select Security > More > Tools > Installer Code (default 4112) > Program. You will now be in the programming menu for the L5200.
2. Access the Sounder Menu. Press the down arrow on the right side of the screen. Press the Sounder option. This will take you into the Sounder Menu.
3. Configure the setting. Find the Arm-Confirm option, and click on it to toggle. Make sure it is set to the option you want.
4. Save your changes. Press the Save button the bottom-right corner. Then keep pressing the return arrow in the upper-right until you return to the main menu. You must select "Yes" when asked if you want to allow the installer to re-enter programming.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More