How do I install a LYNX Touch Alarm system?
If you have recently purchased a Honeywell L5000 or L5100 LYNX Touch wireless alarm control panel, the first thing you will need to do is mount the wireless alarm control panel. We recommend choosing a location that is convenient and secure and provides good wireless reception. Once you have selected your installation location, you will need to physically mount the LYNX Touch control panel on the wall using the following steps.
1. Depress the (2) tabs along the top edge of the LYNX Touch plastic enclosure using the blade of a flathead screwdriver until the front cover snaps open from the back cover. You should push down on the tabs one at time until you feel the corner pop open.
2. With the front cover snapped open, you should swing it down until it is perpendicular to the back cover. Next, remove the front cover by releasing the two hinges at the bottom of the back cover.
3. Feed the applicable wires (transformer wire, phone line, Ethernet cable, etc) through the holes in the back cover and use tie wraps to secure all the wiring to the wire loops. By securing the wires to the wire loops, you eliminate the chance of someone damaging your LYNX Touch circuit board by accidentally pulling hard on the wires.
4. Mount the back case to your wall using the included screws and wall anchors. Hold the back case up to the wall and mark off the (4) mounting hole positions. Drill the holes and insert the wall anchors. Use the (4) mounting holes to secure the back plate to the wall.
5. If you would like to utitilize the LYNX Touch wall tamper feature, screw the additional mounting screw into the case tamper which is located next to the top left side of the battery backup compartment.
7. Reattach the front case by inserting the hooks on the front case to the hinges at the bottom of the back case. With the hinges snapped into place, you can let the front case hang straight down from the back case while you connect the LYNXRCHKIT-SC battery backup wire to the battery plug on the LYNX Touch’s circuit board.
8. After wiring the battery backup to the alarm control panel, you should read the next FAQ so you can learn how to wire your LYNX Touch wireless alarm control panel before you swing the front case back up into position and snap the LYNX Touch shut to complete the installation.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Alarm Control Panels