How do you wire a LYNX Touch alarm control panel?
If you started with the FAQ on installing your LYNX Touch wireless alarm control panel, you should have all of your wires coming through the back of your mounted control panel and the front case should be hanging down. The Honeywell L5000 and L5100 are both LYNX Touch Series wireless alarm control panels that are compatible with Honeywell’s complete line of 5800 Series wireless alarm devices. While the L5000 and L5100 are considered wireless alarm control panels, there are a few wiring connections that you will need to make. You will need to connect the 300-04705 AC power supply with alarm wire or the LT-CABLE to power the alarm control panel. If you want to monitor your LYNX Touch wireless security system through your home phone system, you will need to connect a phone line. If you monitor the system through an alternative alarm communication path, you will need to connect an AlarmNet alarm monitoring communicator. You can even connect an external alarm siren or wired sensor to your LYNX Touch wireless alarm control panel, although the wired siren would require an additional relay as the LYNX Touch does not have a siren output. Finally, you can connect an earth ground to protect the security system from lightning damage.
1. Ground your LYNX Touch wireless alarm control panel by making an earth ground connection between the 'EGND' terminal on the LYNX Touch circuit board and a good earth ground. Metal cold water pipes and AC power outlet grounds are both recommended earth grounds.
2. If you want your LYNX Touch security system to be monitored over your home phone service, you will need to connect an incoming phone line. You can plug an 8-pin telephone cord into the 'TELCO JACK' or you can wire from the phone block to the 'TIP' and 'RING' terminals.
3. You should connect all of your home's telephone lines to the 'H/S T' and 'H/S R' terminals for local line seizure. For full line seizure you will need an RJ31X jack.
4. If utilizing the (1) wired zone on the LYNX Touch wireless alarm control panel, wire your sensor loop to the 'HWZ1 (+)' and 'GND (-)' terminals.
5. If you want Total Connect service or an AlarmNet internet or cellular alarm communicator, you will need to install the alarm communicators at this point. Use the 'GSMVLP5-4G/ILP5' port to connect the ILP5 internet communicator or the GSVMLP5-4G cellular communicator. Use the 'L5100-WIFI' edge connector to plug in the L5100-WIFI wireless internet alarm communicator.
6. If you are using the LT-CABLE to connect your LYNX Touch power supply, simply plug the LT-CABLE's DC connector into the power supply plug. If you used traditional alarm wire to connect your 300-04705 power supply, wire the red wire to the '9VDC (+)' terminal and wire the black wire to the 'GND (-)' terminal on the LYNX Touch control panel's circuit board.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Alarm Control Panels