Will a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Work w/ Google Home?
Yes, a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 will work with Google Home. Once the IQ Panel 2 has been paired, voice commands sent through Google Home can be used to control the system. The Qolsys IQ Panel must be connected with Alarm.com and receive active cellular monitoring for this pairing to be possible.
There are several voice commands that can be used to control the IQ Panel 2. Some of the possible voice commands include arming the system, checking the current system status, controlling Z-Wave devices and more. But it is important to note that a system disarm cannot be performed using a voice command. This was an intentional design choice, as allowing system disarm through voice commands would represent a security risk. Instead, any system disarm must still be done directly from the panel, from Alarm.com or by using a key fob.
Complete the following steps to pair an IQ Panel 2 with Google Home:
1. Enable Alarm.com. Go to the Google Home device. Make the command, "Okay Google, talk to Alarm.com." This will tell the Google Home service that an Alarm.com account is being paired.
2. Open Google Home. Access the Google Home App on your iOS or Android device. If you do not have the app, it can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
3. Link the account. Assuming that the Google Home device used in Step 1 is paired with the Google Home App, a message should appear on the screen stating that an Alarm.com account can be linked. The username and the password for the Alarm.com account will need to be provided. After entering in this information, the Alarm.com account should begin to sync with both the Google Home App and the Google Home device.
4. Test the device. If the pairing was successful, you should be able to use the Google Home device to control the IQ Panel 2. Try providing a voice command to see if the system can be armed. Say, "Okay Google, ask Alarm.com to arm the security system." If the pairing was successful, then the IQ Panel 2 will become armed.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems