Can I Change the Master Code Using the Installer Code on a Honeywell Lyric?
Yes, you can change the Master Code using the Installer Code on a Honeywell Lyric. The system's Installer Toolbox has a menu option for resetting the Master Code to its default of 1234. You can then use the reset Master Code to change it to any available four-digit code that you would like.
The Master Code on a Honeywell Lyric Alarm Panel is the main code for arming and disarming. Its default code is 1234, but this is almost always changed for security purposes. If a user loses their Master Code, or if they move into a new home and are unsure of the master code, they can use the Installer Code to reset the Master Code. The default Installer Code is 4112. We recommend keeping the Installer Code at its default so that the user does not become locked out of programming later. Keeping the Installer Code at its default does not present a security risk, as long as the user does not arm their system using that code.
To reset your Master Code using your Installer Code, and then change the reset code, complete the following steps:
1. Enter Programming. Start from the main screen of the Lyric with the system disarmed. Choose Security > Tools > Installer Code (default 4112) > Program. You are now in Programming. There is no back door into programming on a Honeywell Lyric panel. To enter programming, you must know the Installer Code.
2. Reset the Master Code. Press the Down Arrow on the right side of the screen. Then choose the option "Reset Master Code". The panel will ask you to confirm. Choose "Yes". The code will be reset. You can then return to the main screen using the return arrow in the upper-right corner.
3. Access the Master Toolbox. You will now begin the process of changing the Master Code to some other code away from its default. Doing this is important, since an intruder could easily guess the default code of 1234. The first step is to access the Master Toolbox. To do this, choose Security, followed by Tools. Then enter the Master Code, which you just reset to 1234. You are now in the Master Toolbox menu.
4. Change the Master Code. Choose Users. Then click on the Master user in the upper-left to highlight it. Then press Edit in the bottom-left corner. Then choose the User Code field. Enter in the four-digit code you want to use. Then press "Done" in the lower-right corner. To save the change, press "Save" in the lower-right corner. You can then press the green picture of the house on the from the panel to return to the home screen.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems