How Do I Add a Remote Keypad to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can add a remote keypad to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by accessing the installer menu of the system and having the panel search for a remote keypad. The IQ Panel 2 must use an IQ Remote as its remote keypad. Once it has been paired, you will have another access point for the IQ Panel 2.
Complete the following steps to pair an IQ Remote with an IQ Panel 2:
1. Power on the IQ Remote. Plug the IQ Remote into its power supply. Then hold down the power button on the side of the device for 3 to 5 seconds and then release the button to turn it on.
2. Connect the IQ Remote to WIFI. Upon powering on the IQ Remote for the first time, you will be prompted to connect it to a WIFI network on the left side of the screen. Select the WIFI network you want to use, enter the password and click "Connect". Please note that the IQ Remote must be connected to the same network as your IQ Panel 2.
Once your IQ Remote is connected to the WIFI network, bring the device over to your IQ Panel 2.
3. Put the IQ Panel 2 into search mode. For this step, you will need to use your actual IQ Panel 2. From the home screen of the IQ Panel 2, slide down the small grey bar. Then go to Settings > Advanced Settings > enter the installer code (the default code is 1111) > Installation > Devices > WIFI Device > IQ Remote Devices > Pair. The IQ Panel 2 will now be in search mode.
4. Pair the IQ Remote. Once the IQ Panel 2 is in search mode and the IQ Remote is on the same WIFI network, immediately press the "Pair" button on the IQ Remote. If successful, the IQ Remote will be paired with the IQ Panel 2 and display the home screen of the system. Please note that it may take up to 5 minutes for the devices to complete the pairing process. Up to 3 different IQ Remotes can be paired with a single IQ Panel 2.
As you can see in the picture below, the screens are the same:
5. Test the IQ Remote. On the IQ Remote, try arming the system just as you would on the IQ Panel 2. Then use the IQ Remote to disarm the system. If you are able to arm and disarm the system, then the IQ Remote is working properly.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Wireless Alarm Control Panels
- Wireless Alarm Keypads
- DIY Wireless Security Systems