How Do I Change the Battery on My Honeywell L7000 Security System?
The Honeywell Lynx Touch L7000 is a self contained alarm system so the backup battery is located directly inside. Press both tabs along the top of the panel firmly and swing open the keypad. Then disconnect the battery lead from the board and connect the leads from the replacement battery.
Before changing the battery, if the system is monitored, contact the monitoring provider and place the L7000 system on test to prevent any false alarms. Once the system is on test, power down the Lynx Touch L7000 by removing the transformer from the outlet or separate the male barrel connector from the female port if an LT Cable was used.
- Open the Lynx Touch L7000 using a flathead screwdriver and press the tabs located on the top of the panel.
- Using the same screwdriver, unscrew the battery retainer and remove.
- Unplug the battery from the battery connector on the panel and remove.
- Place the new battery in the case and plug the new battery into the battery connector
- Install the battery retainer and secure with screws
- Reconnect the front cover to the back cover
- Plug the transformer back into the outlet or reconnect the LT Cable.
Users can call the monitoring provider and take the system off test.
The Lynx Standard Capacity Battery Backup is included with the control pane, however there are a few compatible batteries for the Lynx Touch L7000 control panel with longer backup power.
The Lynx Standard Capacity Battery Backup, LYNXRCHKIT-SC provides up to 4 hours of backup power and will provide a low battery message approximately 1 hour before it dies.
The Lynx High Capacity Battery Backup, LYNXRCHKIT-HC provides up to 4 ++ hours of backup power and will provide a low battery message approximately 1 hour before it dies.
The Lynx High Capacity Battery Backup, LYNXRCHKIT-SHA provides up to a minimum of 24 hours of backup power and will provide a low battery message approximately 1 hour before it dies.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Answered By
- Connie Michael