How Do I Connect the Lyric Security System to HomeKit?
You can connect the Lyric Security System to HomeKit by downloading the Apple Home App to an iOS device and then adding the Lyric Controller. The Lyric will need to be on the latest firmware. Also, both the iOS device and the Lyric Controller will need to be on the same WIFI network.
For more information about syncing a Lyric Controller with Apple HomeKit, please consult this guide. Complete the following steps to connect the Lyric Security System with Apple HomeKit:
1. Update the Lyric's firmware. In order to sync with HomeKit, the Lyric Controller will need to have the latest firmware version installed. If you need to update the Lyric's firmware, you can do so right from the panel.
From the home screen of the Lyric go to Security > Tools > enter the Installer Code (the default is 4112) > Update Firmware. The Update Firmware button will become greyed-out, showing that it was selected.
You can then return to the Lyric home screen by pressing the picture of the house that is found on the front of the panel. If the system was not on the latest firmware, the panel will reboot to complete the update. A firmware update for the Lyric can also be made by contacting your alarm monitoring company and having them manually run the update to the panel.
2. Download the Home App. In order to use HomeKit, you will need to have the Apple Home App. This app can be downloaded for free from the App Store on any iOS device that is running iOS Version 10 or higher. The app is identified by a yellow house with a white background.
3. Connect to WIFI. When syncing the Lyric Controller with HomeKit, both the Lyric and the iOS device will need to be on the same WIFI network. Continue to the next step once they are both on the same network.
4. Add the Lyric Controller. From the Apple Home App, select the plus (+) icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Then select "Add Accessory". Choose the option "Don't Have a Code or Can't Scan". This option will be present at the bottom.
If the Lyric Controller has never been previously set up with HomeKit and it is on the same WIFI network as the iOS device, the Lyric system should be displayed under "Nearby Accessories". The Lyric can be identified by a name that starts with "LyricAIO".
You will then need to obtain the Lyric's HomeKit code. From the Lyric Controller, enter in the system's Master Code (the default is 1234) on the keypad that is displayed. After successfully entering in the Master Code, an 8-digit code will be displayed on the screen. Take the code that is provided, and enter it into the Home App. Doing this will cause the pairing process to begin. Once complete, the Lyric will return to the home screen.
However, this step will vary slightly if the Lyric has been previously set up with HomeKit. In this case, you will first need to reset the system's HomeKit settings. To do this, start from the home screen of the Lyric Controller. Then choose Security > Tools > enter the Master Code (the default is 1234) > Advanced > Reset HomeKit. Then follow the steps outlined above to pair the Lyric with HomeKit.
5. Finish the integration. From here, the Apple Home App will walk you through the remainder of the integration process. Follow the steps outlined in the app to complete the pairing.
NOTE: After a recent update from Honeywell/Resideo, we've found that if you attempt to pair the Lyric Controller with HomeKit, and the pairing fails, it is best to perform a hard reboot on the Lyric Panel (power down by disconnecting battery and transformer, then power back up by reconnecting first the battery, then the transformer). Next, perform a hard reboot on the Apple HomeKit Hub. Once both devices are fully powered up, attempt the pairing again.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More