How Do I Learn a 5808W3 Into a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus?
You can learn a 5808W3 into a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus by putting the panel into its auto-enrollment mode and then powering on the 5808W3. The Serial Number for the 5808W3 device should appear on the screen. You can then confirm the sensor and configure the settings for the associated zone.
The Honeywell 5808W3 is a wireless smoke and heat detector that is part of the Honeywell 5800 Series of wireless sensors. It operates at 345 MHz. The device will only work with the version of the IQ Panel 2 Plus with the associated legacy card. It will not work with the standard IQ Panel 2, nor will it work with the 319.5 MHz versions and 433 MHz versions of the IQ Panel 2 Plus.
The compatible 345 MHz version of the IQ Panel 2 Plus has a white and grey box. It is part number QS9201-5208-840 (Verizon LTE Model) or QS9202-5208-840 (AT&T LTE Model). If you go to manually enroll a sensor, you should see a Source option for SecurityRF-345. Make sure that you are using a 345 MHz version of an IQ Panel 2 Plus before attempting to use a 5808W3 with the system.
Complete the following steps to learn a Honeywell 5808W3 into a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus with 345 MHz Legacy Card:
1. Access auto-enrollment mode. Start from the main screen of the IQ Panel 2 Plus. Press the small grey bar at the top. Choose Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer Code (default 1111) > Devices > Security Sensors > Auto Learn Sensor. The panel will enter its wireless enrollment mode.
2. Power on the sensor. You must power on the 5808W3. This will have it transmit a wireless signal to the panel for enrollment. If the sensor has never been powered on before, you can simply remove the device's battery pull tab. If the sensor has been used previously, simply take out the batteries and then reinsert them to power on. Either way, you will first need to remove the 5808W3 sensor from its mounting base. Turn the device counterclockwise while pushing it against the base. This will release the 5808W3 from the backplate so that you can access the batteries.
3. Confirm enrollment. Upon powering on the sensor, you should get a message on the IQ Panel 2 Plus that a new sensor is trying to join the system. You should confirm that the displayed Serial Number matches that of the 5808W3. If it does, press OK to confirm enrollment.
4. Configure zone settings. Now go through and configure the zone settings as needed. The Sensor Type should be Smoke Detector. The Sensor Group should be 26-Smoke-Heat. You should choose a Sensor Name that helps you easily recognize the device, such as "Bedroom Smoke" or "Hallway Smoke". Make sure the Source reads "SecurityRF-345". Please note that the sensor uses Loop Number 1. If any other Loop Number is displayed, change it to Loop 1. Press Add New when you have configured all the settings. The sensor will now be active with the system. You can then press the picture of the house at the bottom of the display to return to the main screen.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems