How do I program a SIXFOB to the Lyric security system?
The SIXFob is a 4 button, encrypted wireless key, which allows you to securely arm/disarm or activate a panic on the Lyric Controller from up to 300 feet away, though range may vary due to environmental conditions. To program a SIXFob into the Lyric Controller, perform the following steps:
- Enter program mode by pressing Security > Tools > Installer Code > Program > Keys.
- Select “Add New”. The next available fob zones will be selected, based on the fob type you choose to program.
- In Key Type, select “Key Fob”. There is an option which allows you to require 2 button presses simultaneously to activate a panic. We’ll discuss that option later.
- Press the section for Serial Number, this will take you to the “Enter Serial Number or Activate Sensor” screen. On the SIXFob, press and hold the top two buttons simultaneously for about 2 seconds. The top two green LED’s should begin to flash back and forth alternately. Enrollment can take up to 20 seconds. The MAC/Serial Number should then populate the Lyric Screen. When enrollment is complete, the SIXFob’s LED’s will light solid green for 3 seconds, and the fob will emit a brief chirp to confirm enrollment.
- Press and hold the top two buttons simultaneously again for 2 seconds to confirm enrollment. Both top LED’s will light for about 3 seconds, the Lyric Controller will give a single beep, and you’ll be taken back to the programming page.
- Select a valid User, and make sure each of the SIXFob buttons are programmed for the proper action, then click “Save”
- This will take you back to the “Keys” page, where you can add another SIXFob, if necessary.
In some areas, SIA programming is required for wireless keys. This means in order to allow a panic to be triggered by a Fob, it must require 2 buttons be pressed simultaneously in order to send a panic signal. There are two ways you can achieve this with the SIXFob:
- Follow the directions above, but for “Key Type” select “8 Button” and program Button Key 8 for the desired Panic Function. This will use 8 zones per fob, even though there are really only 4 functions being used. Or...
- Follow the directions above, but for “Key Type” select “6 Button” and program Button 6 as the desired Panic Function. MAKE NOTE OF THE ZONE NUMBER ASSIGNED TO BUTTON 6.
- Using the Back arrow, back up until you see “Zones”. Enter Zone Programming. Go to the Zone assigned to Button 6, and edit the loop number to Loop 5. Then Save.
Once programmed using either of these methods, you activate the panic by pressing and holding the bottom 2 buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Answered By
- Julia Ross