How Do I Replace an Existing 5816 On My Lynx Touch?
To replace an existing 5816 door and window sensor, you must delete the old sensor from the security panel and uninstall it from its location. Then program the new sensor to the panel and install the device in the desired location. Make sure to test the new 5816 after installing it.
Complete the following steps to replace an existing 5816 sensor:
1. Delete the old 5816. You can delete the 5816 sensor by accessing the programming menu of your panel. Then select zones, and find the 5816 device you wish to delete. Click on the device to highlight it, and then select "Delete" at the bottom of the screen. Confirm the delete by selecting "Yes" when the panel asks you if you are sure you want to delete the zone.
2. Uninstall the old 5816. Remove the old 5816 sensor from its mounting location to uninstall it. This may require a screwdriver if the old sensor was screwed into the door frame.
3. Program the new 5816. To program the new sensor, access the programming menu of your panel, then select "Zones". Choose an empty zone to highlight it, then select "Edit" at the bottom of the screen. On this screen, select "Serial Number". Next, auto-enroll the 5816 by faulting and restoring it three times. You can fault the sensor by moving the magnet away from the sensor, and restore it by replacing the magnet. Each fault and restore will be verified by the panel beeping.
If performed correctly, the serial number of the 5816 will be displayed on the screen, and you will be taken back to the main edit screen for the zone. Make sure you set the device type as a Door or Window sensor and adjust any other desired settings before saving your changes.
The video provided below explains the programming process for the 5816 in more detail:
4. Install the new 5816 sensor. Mount the new 5816 in its final desired location. Make sure to test the sensor to ensure that it is working properly. The FAQ listed below covers the installation process for the 5816:
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Wireless Alarm Control Panels
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Wireless Garage Door Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Door Sensors and Window Alarm Sensors