How Do I Use the 2-Way Voice Feature for My Alarm.com Camera on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can use the 2-way voice feature for your Alarm.com Camera on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by pairing the camera with your Alarm.com account and then streaming the camera from your IQ Panel 2 System. The option for "Audio for Non-Doorbell Cams" must be enabled by your alarm monitoring company.
Please note that the 2-way voice feature is only available for a limited selection of Alarm.com Camera models. At this time, the feature is only available for the ADC-V521IR, the ADC-V522IR, and the ADC-V622. The ADC-V521IR must be on firmware version P8137-ALAM-0100d1 or higher. The ADC-V522IR must be on firmware version IP8168-ALAM-0100b9 or higher. All versions of the ADC-V622 support the 2-way audio and streaming video feature with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. You must also have an alarm monitoring plan with video surveillance and connectivity with the Alarm.com service. Your monitoring company will need to enable the audio feature on their end. Please contact your monitoring company to have this feature enabled.
Both the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 (version 2.2.1 or later) and the IQ Panel 2 Plus can stream audio and video for compatible Alarm.com Cameras. The panel must be connected to a local WIFI network for this to work. Complete the following steps to use the 2-way voice feature for your Alarm.com Camera on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
1. Connect to WIFI network. The ADC Camera must be connected to a WIFI network for it to stream to Alarm.com. This should be the same WIFI network used by the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 or IQ Panel 2 Plus. For help connecting the camera to a WIFI network, see this FAQ. Although that FAQ is specific to the ADC-V522IR, the ADC-V521IR and ADC-V622 follow a similar process.
2. Pair with Alarm.com. You must pair the ADC Camera with Alarm.com in order for it to stream to the panel. Please see this helpful FAQ for more information. Again, this FAQ is specific to the ADC-V522IR, but the process is the same for most cameras.
3. Enable panel streaming. You must enable panel streaming for the IQ Panel 2 System in order for Alarm.com to stream to the panel. This process is outlined in this easy FAQ. After completing this step, you will be able to stream live video to your IQ2.
4. Accept the agreement. Contact your alarm monitoring company, and ask them to enable the option for audio streaming to the panel on their end. The next time you login to Alarm.com, you will be prompted to accept an agreement. Click the blue "I Agree" button. Please note that you may have already accepted the agreement in Step 3 or at some other time when you logged-in to Alarm.com.
5. Stream to the panel. Go to the IQ Panel 2 or IQ Panel 2 Plus System. Keep swiping left on the main screen until you reach a menu called "Live Video Cameras". Press the play button on the camera image to start streaming the audio and video. A volume bar in the lower-left corner indicates that the camera is streaming audio. Please note that you might need to reboot the panel before audio streaming is enabled.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More