How Do You Add A 2GIG KEY2-345 To The 2GIG GC3?
To add a 2GIG KEY2-345 to the GC3, enter the Installer Toolbox, then go to System Configuration, and select Keyfobs. Select an available keyfob number, then press "Edit Keyfob" at the bottom. Enter the requested information. Select "Return to System Configuration" and "Save" once completed.
The 2GIG GC3 control panel has a total of 102 zones (2 hardwired and 100 wireless). In addition, it supports up to 32 4-button keyfobs which are programmed into a separate section of programming reserved specifically for fobs. To program a 2GIG KEY2-345 into the 2GIG GC3, follow these steps:
1. Enter programming. From the home screen, press the 2GIG logo in the upper right. Enter the Installer Code. The default Installer Code is 1561. Press System Configuration then press Key Fobs. Select the next available keyfob number, then press Edit Keyfob. After each feature for this fob is programmed, press the down arrow to go to the next feature.
2. Program the keyfob:
- Fob Used = Enable
- Equipment Code = 0866
- Serial Number = Either type in the 7-digit serial number or press the Learn button at the lower right and then press any button on the fob to learn that fob's serial number into the panel
- Equipment Age = New
- Emergency Key = Disabled, Auxiliary, Audible, Silent Panic, Fire*
- Fob Can Disarm = Enabled, assuming you want to be able to disarm with the fob
- Voice Descriptor = The panel has a list of vocabulary words that can be used to describe the fob, if desired.
- Arm With No Entry Delay = If enabled, when the fob is used to arm, there will be no entry delay once the panel has armed. A keyfob, or Alarm.com should be used to disarm.
*Emergency Key Options: If Auxiliary is selected, pressing the top two keyfob buttons at once will initiate a medical panic. If Audible is selected, pressing the top two buttons will initiate an audible police panic. If Silent Panic is selected, pressing the top two buttons simultaneously will cause a silent police panic. And if Fire is selected, pressing the top two buttons will result in a fire alarm, and dispatch. Bear in mind, if Self Monitoring is selected, there will be no automatic dispatch based on an alarm caused by the keyfob panics or any other type of alarm.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Answered By
- Julia Ross