Is There a Trick to Enrolling a DSC WTK5504 Keypad With a DSC Impassa System?
Yes, there is a trick to enrolling a DSC WTK5504 Keypad with a DSC Impassa System. To start, you should power down both devices. Then power both on, and let them run for three (3) to four (4) minutes. Then power cycle the DSC Impassa, and attempt enrollment within its two (2) minute window.
The DSC WTK5504 is a wireless touchscreen keypad for a DSC Impassa System. The Impassa allows for keypad enrollment within the first two (2) minutes of system power up. You should attempt enrollment for the WTK5504 Keypad within this time window. Many users find that pressing the displayed date button in the lower-left corner on the WTK5504 within the first ten (10) seconds of the Impassa being powered will ensure successful device enrollment. If you are having trouble pairing the keypad, then following the specific process shown below may help.
Please note that it is usually easiest to have the Impassa and WTK5504 right by each other when attempting this enrollment process. You should have quick access to the batteries and plug-in transformers for both devices as part of the process. Complete the following steps to pair the WTK5504 with a DSC Impassa:
1. Power down both devices. Start by powering down both the Impassa and the WTK5504, if they are not already. To do this, open up both devices, and disconnect their respective backup batteries. Both devices have battery packs that plug-in to their inner circuit boards. You can keep both devices open to reconnect the backup batteries later. With the batteries unplugged, you can then disconnect their plug-in transformers from their outlets. Both devices should power down.
2. Power devices and wait. You will now restore power to both devices. For the WTK5504, reconnect its backup battery first, and then plug-in its transformer to power on. You may want to keep the keypad open for now, just in case you need to repeat this step again later on. For the Impassa, just plug-in the transformer to power on. Don't bother reconnecting its battery just yet. Also, continue to keep the panel open for easy access to the battery. Once both the Impassa and the keypad have been powered on, allow them to run without disruption for about three (3) to four (4) minutes.
3. Power cycle the Impassa. Disconnect the transformer for the Impassa to power the system back down. Wait a few seconds. Then plug the transformer back in to power the system on again. This is known as power cycling. Make sure that you have immediate access to the WTK5504 when doing this, as you must perform the next step quickly.
4. Quickly enroll the WTK5504. Immediately turn your attention to the WTK5504 Keypad. If you see the "Press to Enroll" Button, then press that button to enroll. You must do this within two (2) minutes of the Impassa being powered on. If you do not see the button, then instead click the date button in the lower-left corner of the touchscreen keypad. You will need to press the date button on the WTK5504 within ten (10) seconds of the Impassa being powered on. If done successfully, the WTK5504 should pair with the Impassa System. You will get a message on the keypad that indicates successful enrollment. The actual enrollment process after pressing the date button should take less than five (5) seconds. If you miss this enrollment window, go back to Step 3, and try again. You might also try power cycling the WTK5504 to see if you can get the actual enrollment button to appear.
5. Connect and close everything. Once you have achieved successful keypad enrollment, you can get the devices situated for regular use. Close the WTK5504 Keypad, as it should still be open at this time. For the Impassa, unplug the transformer to power down the system. From there, reconnect the battery first, and then plug-in its transformer to power the system back on. Then close the panel to finish.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More