The Honeywell Lyric is one of the most popular alarm panels on the market today. This is a beautiful, state-of-the-art security system that provides everything you need to protect your home or business. It also offers excellent smart home automation capabilities to make your life easier.
This is a special version of the Honeywell Lyric that comes with a 24-hour backup battery. This battery is known as the Honeywell LCP500-24B, and it is a significant upgrade over the standard 4-hour option. Having the ability to keep your Lyric running for at least 24 hours can really come in handy during an extended electrical outage. The rechargeable battery works by slowly storing a charge while the system is running on AC power from a plug-in transformer. That way, the battery will be ready to activate as soon as AC power is lost. The battery conveniently plugs into a port on the Lyric board.
Whether you are installing your first security system, or you are replacing an old one, you will find that the Lyric is an absolute joy to use. Its full-color 7-inch touchscreen display looks great on a wall or a desk mount, and its intuitive user interface makes setting up the system a breeze. This is truly an ideal system for the DIY user who wants to perform their own installation without hiring a professional. In just a short while, you will have it up and running exactly how you want.
One of the best aspects of the Honeywell Lyric is its ability to interface with encrypted wireless sensors. The Honeywell SiX Series Sensors have been designed specifically with the Lyric in mind, and they are fantastic for keeping your home or business protected. These sensors utilize 128-bit AES encryption, making them virtually impossible for a potential intruder to defeat. The Lyric can also communicate with the Honeywell SiX Sensors to obtain information regarding battery life and RF signal strength. The Lyric offers support for up to 128 zones, so you will have no trouble building the system you need.
In addition, you can also use sensors from the Honeywell 5800 Series and the 2GIG 345 MHz lineup. Just note that only the uni-directional 5800 Sensors can be used with the Lyric. And also be aware that Lyric System Firmware Update MR3 or higher is needed to support the 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors. We recommend checking our Lyric Firmware Update Page for more information. Being able to add these legacy 345 MHz sensors gives you greater flexibility in building the perfect Lyric System. Remember that you can always mix and match SiX Sensors, 5800 Sensors, and 2GIG Sensors if that works best.
But the Lyric goes above and beyond from just supporting outstanding sensors. The system offers some truly great features that help it stand-out as a top-of-the-line alarm panel. On the front of the Lyric Panel is a 2MP that can be set up to capture a 640x480 photo whenever the system is disarmed. The panel offers chime capabilities and voice annunciation to let you know when various activities occur around the premises, such as a door or window being opened. The chime and voice options are fully customizable so that you can get the alerts you want, while turning off the ones you can ignore.
One other feature that Lyric users absolutely love is the ability to interface Z-Wave smart home devices with the system. This is possible thanks to the Lyric's built-in Z-Wave controller. You can pair a variety of smart devices with the system, including lights, door locks, programmable thermostats, and so much more. These smart devices can all be controlled locally at the Lyric Panel. And if you get the system monitored with a plan that includes access to Total Connect 2.0, then you will also be able to operate your programmed Z-Wave devices remotely from nearly anywhere using a web browser or an app on your phone. You can also create smart scenes for these devices to have them activate automatically based on a set schedule and/or with predetermined system events. Up to 72 Z-Wave devices can be paired with the Lyric.
And if you are an iOS user with Apple HomeKit, then you will really be able to take the automation capabilities of your Lyric System to the next level. The Lyric is fully compatible with the Apple HomeKit platform, and the integration really opens up some incredible possibilities. You can use spoken Siri voice commands to control the devices from pretty much anywhere, and you can even create complete HomeKit Scenes to have multiple devices activate at the same time. These scenes can include security functions on the Lyric System. Very few alarm panels support HomeKit functionality, so this is a huge plus!
However, the primary method for operating the Lyric remotely is to use Total Connect 2.0. This is a complete interactive service platform that can be accessed from virtually anywhere with your phone or a web browser. With TC2, you can perform general security functions like arming, disarming, and bypassing zones. You can also perform automation functions such as operating individual Z-Wave devices and executing complete smart scenes. Total Connect 2.0 can even send you text and/or email alerts regarding activity on your security system. Note that you will need an alarm monitoring plan with access to TC2 in order to use the service. It is included with any Silver Level Plan or higher from Alarm Grid.
The Lyric includes a built-in WIFI card for connecting with the AlarmNet servers and Total Connect 2.0. The system can only connect with 2.4 GHz WIFI networks, and it is unable to connect 5 GHz networks. But if you really want to maximize the reliability of your Lyric System, then you should strongly consider adding a cellular communicator. A cell module will keep your system online even when the internet is down and the power is out. The Lyric has two (2) great LTE options in the Honeywell LYRICLTE-A (AT&T LTE) and the Honeywell LYRICLTE-V (Verizon LTE). Whether you go with AT&T or Verizon should depend solely on whichever network provides better coverage in your area. You can check coverage maps if you are unsure. This decision will have no impact on your monitoring costs, and it has nothing to do with your personal phone. Remember, adding a cellular communicator is optional, but it is great for keeping your Lyric consistently online.
In addition to the 24-hour backup battery, the Lyric also includes a plug-in transformer for providing power. However, no power cable is included. You can use standard 18/2 Alarm Wire, which will allow for a wire run of up to 20 feet. This type of cabling can be found at nearly any hardware store, or you can purchase it from our website. But if you really want to make the job easy, then you might consider getting a Honeywell LT-Cable. This is a prepared 8-foot cable with a barrel connector that can be easily unplugged in the event that you need to cut power to the system. With an LT-Cable, no wire-stripping is needed, and you can complete the connection using nothing more than a screwdriver. It really is a convenient accessory!
Note: The standard Lyric 4-hour battery is not included with this product. This product just includes a Lyric System and a 24-hour backup battery. The battery is not pre-installed inside the Lyric, so you must open up the panel and install it yourself. We recommend connecting the battery for the Lyric prior to connecting AC power from its plug-in transformer.
- 10 Different Chime Settings. Set doors to different sounds to signify open/close.
- Built-in 2MP Camera. Takes 640x480 photo whenever system is disarmed.
- Supports up to 8 cameras. View Cameras On-Screen. Up to 4 IP Cams can be viewed on the Lyric screen at any given time. Simultaneously, they can be viewed in Total Connect.
- Voice-Assisted Scenes: use the following voice commands to trigger events on the system: "Wake up," "Bedtime," "Leaving the house," "Returning home," "Evening time," "Cameras."
- Voice Announces Sensor States in 4 Languages. The Lyric Alarm system will articulate the state of sensors and will indicate whether doors or windows are open or whether the system is disarmed. It can do this in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
- Up to 48 Users. Register up to 48 different user profiles, and 5 different kinds of user profiles.
- Supports up to 8 Wireless Keys. 4-button and 2-button keys with programmable options are programmable to the Lyric alarm system.
- Supports up to 128 Wireless Sensors. Can monitor even the largest homes. 128 different door/window, smoke, glass break, sensors, and more.
- 2 Hardwired Sensor Zones. Add two non-powered hardwired sensors to the Lyric system. Great for bringing over old sensors to the new system.
- Supports Many Different Sensors. Out-of-the-box, the Lyric Alarm is compatible with SiX Series Sensors, Honeywell's 5800 series sensors, and any 2GIG sensor.
- Supports up to 8 Lyric Keypads (LKP500).
- Supports Up to 72 Z-Wave Devices. Almost any Z-Wave device can be included to the Lyric. The Lyric supports up to 6 Z-Wave Thermostats, 6 Z-Wave Door Locks and 60 light modules, light dimmers, appliance modules, window shades, blinds, garage doors, water valves, and sirens or strobes.
- Everything Can be Managed within the system. Users are managed within the Lyric's system. 100 smart scenes can be created within the Lyric, itself.
- Remote and Local Programming Options, Firmware updates Available. Alarm Grid can use AlarmNet 360 to program your system if you should ever need it. Firmware can be updated. System usage can be monitored. Users can add sensors at the panel on their own by getting into programming (default installer code: 4112).
Size & Weight
- Height: 6.65 inches
- Width: 8.5 inches
- Depth: 1.3 inches
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Screen Size: 7-inch LED Screen, capacitive touchscreen display.
- Screen Resolution: 1024x600
- Screen Colors: Support for millions of colors.
External Buttons & Input/Output Connectors
- Physical Buttons: Home, Emergency Response
- Input/Output Audio: Speaker, Microphone
- Siren Intensity: 85dB
- Connectors & Modules: USB 2.0 Type A Port, Cellular Module Tray, Internal Backup Battery
Wireless & Cellular
- Radios: WiFi (2.4GHz), CDMA IXRTT (1800, 1900 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, X MHz)
- Home Automation: HomeKit & Z-Wave, network wide inclusion supported.
- Sensor Antennas: SiX Two-Way Wireless Technology antenna to support Lyric wireless sensors, Supports Honeywell Home 5800 Series wireless sensors.
- LTE Cellular Carriers: AT&T, Verizon
- GSM Cellular Carriers: AT&T, Rogers
- CDMA Cellular Carriers: Verizon
- Keypad Operations: Arm & Disarm, System Status, Emergency Response, Sound and Voice Annunciation.
- Plug-in Power Supply: 110VAC mains to 9VDC w/ 2.7A output.
- Backup Battery: 24 hour backup included.
- Operating Conditions: 32°F–122°F (0°C–50°C)