How Do I Add a Wireless Zone to a DSC Impassa?
You can add a wireless zone to a DSC Impassa by putting the panel into enrollment mode and then activating a sensor to learn it in. The panel will recognize the sensor and then allow you to configure its settings. You will need the system's Installer Code in order to complete this process.
The DSC Impassa is designed to work with 433 MHz wireless sensors. These include legacy DSC Sensors. Make sure that the sensor you are trying to enroll is compatible with the DSC Impassa System.
Complete the following steps to add a wireless zone to a DSC Impassa:
1. Access enrollment mode. Put the DSC Impassa in its wireless enrollment mode by entering in [*]  [Installer Code] . The default installer code is 5555. After entering in this command, the screen will display "wireless enrollment mode". This means that a wireless sensor can be learned in.
2. Enroll the sensor. Activate the wireless sensor that you are trying to enroll. The DSC Impassa should recognize the sensor and display its serial number on the screen. Confirm that the serial number is correct, and press the [*] key to continue. The screen will display the next available zone number on the system, which is the zone the sensor will be assigned to. Alternatively, you can also enter in a different 2-digit zone number (01-64) if desired. With the correct zone number displayed, press [*] to continue. Make sure that the zone you choose is available, as only one sensor can be programmed per zone.
3. Configure the settings. You will then need to choose a Zone Type. The system will display the recommended Zone Type Number for the type of sensor that was enrolled. Press [*] to accept this Zone Type, or enter in the desired 2-digit Zone Type. A list of Zone Types is available on pages 44 - 46 of the DSC Impassa Manual.
4. Test the sensor. At this point, the panel will ask you to test the sensor. The panel will display "Activate Device for Test, Exit #". With the sensor in its desired location, test the sensor to make sure that it is recognized by the system. Then press [#] to exit.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems