How Do I Add Additional User Codes to a DSC Impassa?
You can add additional user codes to a DSC Impassa by accessing the user codes menu for the system. This is command [*] . You will need to provide the system's Master Code in order to access this menu. Up to 16 different user codes can be assigned to a single DSC Impassa System.
Complete the following steps to add additional user codes to a DSC Impassa:
1. Access the menu. To access the user codes menu, enter in the command [*]  [Master Code]. The default Master Code is 1234, and is programmed as user 40. The system will display 01, indicating User 01, and the letter "P" will be displayed next to the user if that code is currently programmed.
2. Choose a user. Up to 16 different secondary user codes can be programmed with the Impassa System. These codes are numbered 01 through 16. To choose a user, either use the left and right arrows to scroll between users, or enter in the 2-digit number for the user you want to program. Press the [*] button to continue once the desired user number is displayed.
3. Enter the code. Enter in a 4-digit or 6-digit* code for the user. Then use the arrows to scroll to a different user, or press the [#] key to exit the menu. Alternatively, you can also press the [*] key instead of entering a code to delete that user code entirely.
4. Test the code. After programming a new code, you should test it to make sure that it was set up correctly. Try using the new code to arm and disarm the alarm system. If you can successfully arm and disarm the panel, then the new code was programmed correctly.
It is also possible to assign certain attributes to user codes. These attributes include the ability to bypass zones, access the system remotely and setting a code as a one-time use code. The process for assigning attributes is outlined on page 13 of the DSC Impassa Installation Manual.
* If 6-digit codes are preferred, this feature is enabled in programming location  by setting option  on.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems