How Do I Change a Master Code on a Honeywell Home PROA7?
To change the Master Code, press the Menu icon at the bottom of the panel or PROWLTOUCH screen. Then choose Settings > User Management. Enter the current Master Code when prompted. Click the Master User slot, then the Pencil (edit) icon. Enter the new pin and confirm it. Then press Save.
The Honeywell Home PROA7, Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS, Resideo PROA7C and Resideo PROA7PLUSC are all programmed in the same way. The only difference between the Honeywell Home variation and the Resideo variation is literally the logo on the bottom front of the system. The reason for the branding differences is simple, and a little silly. You can read all about it right here. All of which is to say that the information found here can be applied to any of those panels, and also to the Honeywell Home PROWLTOUCH and the Resideo PROWLTOUCHC.
The default Master Code in all variations of the ProSeries panels is 1234. This is a well-known default code and should be changed as soon as the alarm system is put into service. When choosing a Master Code, you want to choose something that you can easily remember, but that others won't be able to guess, or figure out through social hacking. If your birthday is available on any social media pages, it's probably not a good idea to use it as your Master Code.
To change the Master Code, perform the following steps:
Enter User Management. From the main screen of either a ProSeries panel or a compatible touchscreen keypad, click the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines at the bottom center of the screen) then Settings > User Management > Enter Current Master Code > Click Master User.
It should be noted that you can also get to this screen using the Installer Code (Default 4112) however, before you are allowed to save the new Master Code, you will have to enter the current Master Code. Even if you used the current Master Code in order to get to this screen.
- Edit Master Code. Once you are in the Master User profile screen, click the pencil icon to the right of the PIN. You will be prompted to enter the new PIN. Enter the desired 4-digit code. You will now be prompted to Confirm new PIN. Re-enter the desired 4-digit code. Assuming you enter the same 4-digit code both times, you will then be returned to the Master User profile screen. Press the Save button in the upper right. You will now be prompted to enter the previous Master Code. If you enter the correct code, the information will be saved and you can exit User Management, or go on to add or edit additional codes. If you enter the Installer Code or anything other than the existing Master Code, you'll receive an error and the change will not be saved.
- Exit User Management. Once you have completed changing the Master Code and managing any other codes, you can return to the default screen by pressing the back arrows in the upper left side of the screen, or by pressing the shield icon in the lower right of the screen. This will return you to the Security Screen.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Apartment Security Systems
- Home Automation Controllers
- Wireless Touchscreen Alarm Panels
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Answered By
- Julia Ross